hello2.welcome
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi guys, I have got an Interview for Msc Psychodynamic Developmental Neuroscience.
Anyone had this Interview b4?
what kind of questions are they gonna ask? how should I prepare?!
Eljamaispa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I had a Natural Sciences interview but because I'm interested in neuroscience and psychology I ended up talking about it with my interviewer.

My interviewer had highlighted some bits on my personal statement beforehand and basically asked me about them in turn such as "so tell me about genetics", "tell me about Kevlar (a polymer)" and basically wanted to see how much I could ramble coherently and enthusiastically about each thing, so make sure you've read up on everything you've put in your personal statement so you can keep talking about it for like 2 minutes non-stop.

I also asked about the research going on in the departments and even ended up having a discussion with my interviewer about which methods are best for assessing activity in certain areas of the brain, I think that really impressed him.

I was also happy to tell him exactly what areas of science interested me most (neuropharmacology and biochemistry) and I think that shows enthusiasm yet again.

I also recommend you ask at least one question at the end to seem keen, even if it's off topic, such as 'is there a rugby team? Because I like playing rugby' or whatever extracuricular activity you think you'd like to do while attending UCL.

Last minute pointers: Ssmile when you meet the interviewer, give a firm handshake (ensure your palms aren't sweaty), they will probably do a little small chat at the beginning like asking how you like the university and you should be complementative (eg. "The quad is beautiful!"), make sure you're dressed really smart like a suite if you're a boy and a long skirt, shirt and tights if you're a girl - always gives off a good impression - and make an effort to seem really happy to be there and like you feel comfortable.

Also be prepared for questions like: do you think you'd fit in to London life? Do you think you could live at a univeristy in the centre? Do you think you'd adjust from where you live now? and so on.

Good luck!!!!
hello2.welcome
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
thx for your advices! I've had the interview, was ok. Just waiting for their reply now.....
lola.love
Report 11 years ago
I hope everything went well for you. I'm from Mexico and applied for the same program, had my interview about a month ago (via telephone) and I already know the result: I was made an unconditional offer
However, I'm concerned that I have not received the official offer letter yet... mail troubles I suppose, Mexico is a little bit too far away from London
I was sent an email with the offer letter on pdf format though, that means the letter must be on its way, somewhere.

Anyway I'm glad to hear of someone who applied to the same program, and if it all goes well we may be together in the course on September... Good luck!!!
k0932741
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have an interview for Health Psychology MSc next week - any advice you can give me on how your interview went? due to exams mine has to be over the phone, so smiles and looking smart won't impress them
booraad
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Guys were you given any information about how much it would cost to live in America for a year for the 2nd year of the Msc Psychodynamic Developmental Neuroscience? I'm interested in applying for this course but I'm worried about the cost and what I would do after completing the course.
zpppsk
Report 10 years ago
I have received a conditional offer for the MSc Psychodynamic Developmental Neuroscience course which is about to begin this fall 2010.

I have certain queries regarding the job prospects after this course. Where do students pursue their research careers USA or UK?

Since this is a two year course as compared to the conventional one year courses in UK , are the students enrolled in this programme at an advantage over the other students who have applied for the various neuroscience and psychology courses ?

This is relatively a new course and the FAQ web page for this course states since it is a new course there is limited information regarding career prospects !
I really like the subjects listed and want to take this as my Masters course because this subject is totally new and the field is very enticing but the fees are very high . I just want to ensure whether this course would be a good investment for my future .

Can any of the current students let me know a little about how they are coping with this course and whether it is really as exciting as it sounds on the website ?

thanks.
zpppsk
Report 10 years ago
Also a friend of mine has an interview for Msc in Neuroscience . She was curious about what kind of questions are asked during that interview .
anna54
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pinkaliengoo)
I have an interview for Health Psychology MSc next week - any advice you can give me on how your interview went? due to exams mine has to be over the phone, so smiles and looking smart won't impress them
Hi I have an interview for Health Psychology MSc via webcam this year how did yours go? What type of questions were you asked? If you did the course what was it like? Please help if you can.
internetwizz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by anna54)
Hi I have an interview for Health Psychology MSc via webcam this year how did yours go? What type of questions were you asked? If you did the course what was it like? Please help if you can.
I have an interview for health psychology this year! how did yours go? I'm so scared.
Lynette Yung
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lola.love)
I hope everything went well for you. I'm from Mexico and applied for the same program, had my interview about a month ago (via telephone) and I already know the result: I was made an unconditional offer
However, I'm concerned that I have not received the official offer letter yet... mail troubles I suppose, Mexico is a little bit too far away from London
I was sent an email with the offer letter on pdf format though, that means the letter must be on its way, somewhere.

Anyway I'm glad to hear of someone who applied to the same program, and if it all goes well we may be together in the course on September... Good luck!!!
Hi, I know it's been ages but just wondering what kind of interview questions might I expect? Thanks so much!!
Lynette Yung
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hello2.welcome)
Hi guys, I have got an Interview for Msc Psychodynamic Developmental Neuroscience.
Anyone had this Interview b4?
what kind of questions are they gonna ask? how should I prepare?!
Hello, just wondering if you mind sharing your experiences and how it all went in the end
internetwizz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have an interview in health psyc. how did everyone find it?
ck715
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I also have an interview in health psych. Does anyone know about this academic article that you have 30 minutes to prep for? Then the 30 minute interview afterwards?

Help! I'm so nervous!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed