The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hi,

Please could you tell me, what was asked in the interview and did you et the job. what kind od job it was. I have got similar interview in Decemeber.

Thanks
mandy2
Hi,

Please could you tell me, what was asked in the interview and did you et the job. what kind od job it was. I have got similar interview in Decemeber.

Thanks

I had an interview a few weeks ago for an NHS admin job.
The questions were all the usual things really, it was all very friendly and not scary like I thought it would be :p:
Do you have to do a computer/typing test as well?
Reply 3
Did you get the job with NHS. I was only told that I have got interview and they are going to send some paperwork before interview, like CRB or other forms.

there was some computer online testsn also, like basic MS office sort. I have completed those.

I really want this job, because it is in finance and I want to gain experience in that.

please could you tell more about interview and where was it. mine is in Leeds
do you need to have done a college course or have previous experience to do admin work?
its something i wanna do but not experience
mandy2
Did you get the job with NHS. I was only told that I have got interview and they are going to send some paperwork before interview, like CRB or other forms.

there was some computer online testsn also, like basic MS office sort. I have completed those.

I really want this job, because it is in finance and I want to gain experience in that.

please could you tell more about interview and where was it. mine is in Leeds

I didn't get the job, they said other people had more experience.

It was in Southampton. They started off by explaining a bit about the pharmacy team, where it was based, and what the job involved exactly. They asked me about teamwork and past achievements at work, then gave me a list of five tasks e.g. filing and I had to say how I would prioritise them. At the end they asked me if I had any questions and explained the salary/hours.
Afterwards I had to do a typing test - they gave me a letter that I had to type, including tables etc.
bored123bored
do you need to have done a college course or have previous experience to do admin work?
its something i wanna do but not experience

You don't necessarily need experience, but it is an advantage if you do, especially because you will be competing with people with years of admin work behind them. I applied for a lot of admin jobs and wasn't even interviewed for most of them - although I have never had an actual admin job, I have done a lot of admin work during other jobs.
You will often need typing/computer qualifications though. The usual level is RSA Grade II, and/or an ECDL, and is stated as essential in the person specification. I'm not sure if they would consider someone without them, it depends on the organisation probably.
Reply 7
I am presently working as finance assitant. i do nto have ECDL or RSA qualifiaction. but I am degree holder and ample knowledge of MS office. I am worried now about the tests.

Latest

Trending

Trending