Hotel Age Limit in UK Watch

Nora-FNE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I’m travelling to London on Sunday night and staying over in a Holiday Inn Express in the Central London area, as we got it for a very good price. Me and my friend are both 17 (nearly 18) and the hotel has been paid for by my friend’s mum because you have to have to be over 18 to book and own a credit card.

Does this mean one of us has to be at least 18 in order to stay there??

Will they ask at the hotel desk if we are 18 and over or not??
If so do you think I could pull it of with or without a fakey ID??

Also what is the Law on UK hotel age limits??

Cheers m’dears.

xx

EDIT BY COMMUNITY TEAM

Other members have asked on the Travelodge site and they said that 16 year olds can book and stay

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/age-policy

Premier Inn also allow 16-year-olds.
Last edited by Professor Oak; 8 months ago
jaaade:)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ummm well you usually have to show the card you booked on?
i don't know phone them up and ask.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think someone of them do ask for ID and you do need to be over 18...again I reiterate...some of them.
xps.systems
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why would you HAVE to be over 18 to book a room at a hotel? I wouldn't have thought so - I've done so when I was younger than that?

And you don't HAVE to pay using a credit card - cash/cheque would be fine.

And why would people ID you at hotels - it's unheard of!

Sorry if I'm assuming you lived here - things may work differently where you're from!

tk care,

squishysquish.
typiin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You dont need to show the card you booked with or be over 18 (I stayed there this week).

But phone up to be 101% sure.
Nora-FNE
Rep:
?
(Original post by typiin)
You dont need to show the card you booked with or be over 18 (I stayed there this week).

But phone up to be 101% sure.
which one did you stay at??
I'm at Holiday Inn Express Victoria,

and xps.systems its just a precaution. I have never stayed in a hotel without someone over 18.
samanthaslough
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Nora-FNE)
I’m travelling to London on Sunday night and staying over in a Holiday Inn Express in the Central London area, as we got it for a very good price. Me and my friend are both 17 (nearly 18) and the hotel has been paid for by my friend’s mum because you have to have to be over 18 to book and own a credit card.

Does this mean one of us has to be at least 18 in order to stay there??

Will they ask at the hotel desk if we are 18 and over or not??
If so do you think I could pull it of with or without a fakey ID??

Also what is the Law on UK hotel age limits??

Cheers m’dears.

xx
I stayed in the Victoria one with my ex boyfriend when we were both 17. Exactly the same situation as you, my mum booked it. Just gave in the booking slip that she printed off, and that was it :yep:
Nora-FNE
Rep:
?
(Original post by samanthaslough)
I stayed in the Victoria one with my ex boyfriend when we were both 17. Exactly the same situation as you, my mum booked it. Just gave in the booking slip that she printed off, and that was it :yep:
Lush, I was hoping for something like this. Thank you x
miss-x
Report 10 years ago
You usually have to have the card you payed on but I'm 16 and have booked and stayed in many a hotel around the country with mates 18 or under so you should be fine x
typiin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Nora-FNE)
which one did you stay at??
I'm at Holiday Inn Express Victoria,

and xps.systems its just a precaution. I have never stayed in a hotel without someone over 18.
I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Steadford (I think that's it's name). Think all the London hotels will have the same policies.
kateblade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi I'm 17 and was thinking of staying at a hotel with my boyfriend. He's 23. Would I be asked for ID or something if my boyfriend booked the hotel and checked in with his name?

Please reply someone!
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kateblade)
Hi I'm 17 and was thinking of staying at a hotel with my boyfriend. He's 23. Would I be asked for ID or something if my boyfriend booked the hotel and checked in with his name?

Please reply someone!
No. The only circumstance under which this might happen is if an over-zealous receptionist felt you looked under 16. In the event of this, you could just show some kind of ID. They're not going to call your mum.
Danielle2001
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm trying to book a hotel room in Birmingham but I'm 15 and going with a 16 year old, all of the ones I've been in contact with say I must be over 18 do you have any hotel recommendations or advice?
Tulisa1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’ve lost my I’d. But my bf got I’d can I stay in hotel still
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.8%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (534)
59.4%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.24%

Watched Threads