The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
TIGTIG
Today for some strange reason my teacher descided to talk about primitive contraception.men in britain used fish bladders for condoms and women had been known to stick up a pebble or stone,grosse still women of africa used cow dung.Ha hes asked us to find out some other forms anyone have knowledge of any

rubber jonny.
Reply 2
TIGTIG
Today for some strange reason my teacher descided to talk about primitive contraception.men in britain used fish bladders for condoms and women had been known to stick up a pebble or stone,grosse still women of africa used cow dung.Ha hes asked us to find out some other forms anyone have knowledge of any

weird but hay if you didn't have a condom then what would you use just shows resourcefulness, found any other forms lol
Reply 3
Fish bladders? That's nasty.

I recall that medieval peasants in England used pieces of leather and twine for this purpose...
Reply 4
Mr White
Fish bladders? That's nasty.

I recall that medieval peasants in England used pieces of leather and twine for this purpose...

leather hey........kinky
Reply 5
TIGTIG

I was discussing this with my boyfriend the other day - not about contraception though, about erm primitive sanitary devices :rolleyes: hehe. Basically, early man (or should that be women?! lol) used to use moss and mud in the way you would use the modern tampon...which isn't a nice thought. Glad we DO have the Tampax lady...even if she is completely embarrassing when talking about "that time of the month" and female reproductive hormones *cringe* lol
Reply 6
Ralfskini
rubber jonny.

Thats not primitive rubber is modern
Reply 7
TIGTIG

maybe your teacher saw it on richard and judy last week, they were talking about eygptian contraception.... still strange tho.

lou xxx
Reply 8
Angel Lory
I was discussing this with my boyfriend the other day - not about contraception though, about erm primitive sanitary devices :rolleyes: hehe. Basically, early man (or should that be women?! lol) used to use moss and mud in the way you would use the modern tampon...which isn't a nice thought. Glad we DO have the Tampax lady...even if she is completely embarrassing when talking about "that time of the month" and female reproductive hormones *cringe* lol

ha yeah thats kind of like how tha africans used cow dung eww inagine
Reply 9
lou p
maybe your teacher saw it on richard and judy last week, they were talking about eygptian contraception.... still strange tho.

lou xxx

Wow richard and judy talked about it.the exact same types.we just talked about africans and british forms not egyptians.Suppose Richard and Judy still use thes ancient forms they're old enough not very modern are they
Reply 10
Anybody have any other unusual forms?
Reply 11
TIGTIG

lol, this isn't really what you're looking for, but i just remembered it. One of my friends mum's told her- you can never get in to trouble if you hold a penny with your knees!

lou xxx
Reply 12
lou p
lol, this isn't really what you're looking for, but i just remembered it. One of my friends mum's told her- you can never get in to trouble if you hold a penny with your knees!

lou xxx

LOL try doing that while your drunk
Reply 13
not really on contraception, but female circumcision :wink:

somwhere in Africa, they circumsize women by cutting off their clitoris so that they won't feel any pleasure in sex. rather unfair, that's what.
TIGTIG

tlk about weird
Reply 16
love_4_ducks
tlk about weird

YES WIERD BUT TRUE. HAS ANYBODY ELSE GOT ANY OTHER KNOWLEDGE
ON THIS TOPIC
Reply 17
TIGTIG
YES WIERD BUT TRUE. HAS ANYBODY ELSE GOT ANY OTHER KNOWLEDGE
ON THIS TOPIC

didn't males use sheep's intestines as a basic condom, back in the day?
Reply 18
Correct my english

i'm a french girl from reunion island

i really need ur help
it's for tomorrow morning

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH GH GHG

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

:wink:

audy
Reply 19
lordnkosi
Correct my english