i'm a french girl from reunion island

i really need ur help
    it's for tomorrow morning

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH GH GHG

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

audy
    WIERD

ReputationRep:
    AHA! Here's something you may be a little impressed with (my boyfriend is the guy to talk to about useless historical information lol) He told me today that Henry the 8th had a special condom made. Apparently it was a sold silver condom...ouch!! I do however question this information because I thought Henry was desperate for sons...hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigtig)
    wierd
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Love is all around us.doc (46.0 KB, 136 views)

ReputationRep:
    I just remembered something I learned in Latin once aswell. Catullus mentions in one of his love poems about his lover Lesbia (aka. Claudia) the word "laser".
    The word is the stem from the full name of a plant called Laser Cyrenaicum. The juice of this plant (apart from being really good to use in the kitchen!) was added to water and drunk by the female as a contaceptive.
    I just thought that was an interesting fact because I studied that particular poem for GCSE Latin...I think its proper title is "Lesbia's kisses" but I'm not sure. Fascinating stuff!!
    I've no idea of the success rate though

ReputationRep:

Why Has This Meaning To The Thread

ReputationRep:
    AND I just found this out from "The History of Ancient Roman Contraception"

"at the critical moment of coitus, when the man is about to discharge the seed, the woman should hold her breath and hurl herself away a little so that the seed may not be lodged too deeply within the cavity of the uterus. Then the woman should immediately get up and squat down, induce sneezing, and maybe drink something cold."

CLASSIC!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Angel Lory)
    AND I just found this out from "The History of Ancient Roman Contraception"

"at the critical moment of coitus, when the man is about to discharge the seed, the woman should hold her breath and hurl herself away a little so that the seed may not be lodged too deeply within the cavity of the uterus. Then the woman should immediately get up and squat down, induce sneezing, and maybe drink something cold."

CLASSIC!!
    hehehe - cold drinks eh...maybe that's were the rumour of washing yourself out post-sex with coke will stop you getting pregnant came from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    hehehe - cold drinks eh...maybe that's were the rumour of washing yourself out post-sex with coke will stop you getting pregnant came from
    Is that really a rumour?! WOW...thats just as stupid as the ol' "You can't get pregnant standing up" theory. You gotta love some boys for trying to escape using condoms...oh no wait, no you don't lol

ReputationRep:
    Anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    Anymore
    I know that the victorians used lambskin and sexed itinto a johnny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I know that the victorians used lambskin and sexed itinto a johnny
    ha ewww

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    Anymore
    Why are you so obsessed with milking us all for our ideas about contraception?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Why are you so obsessed with milking us all for our ideas about contraception?
    because it is nice to share knowledge.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 19, 2003
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.