Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Real grammar schools are selective state schools. End of story.

And public schools are not for the general public! State schools do not equal public schools. Christ.
    I am of the opinion that all state education (i.e. free) should be all-ability. Any school that wishes to retain selection (state only) should be compelled to become independent (public or whatever).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    then why bring it up
    I really dont care people that go to bury grammer school get taxed more

ReputationRep:
    the first year of grammer school is free your parrent wages get taxed more after that year
    what? No, grammars are totally free, as a comprehensive is. A grammar is just one branch of the state system. Public schools are totally different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    I am of the opinion that all state education (i.e. free) should be all-ability. Any school that wishes to retain selection (state only) should be compelled to become independent (public or whatever).
    Why call a school public school if you have to pay and is not open to all of the public public schools are state schools grammer schools can be free but true grammer schools are still out there and you still have to pay to go to them

ReputationRep:
    Why call a school public school if you have to pay and is not open to all of the public public schools are state schools grammer schools can be free but true grammer schools are still out there and you still have to pay to go to them
    the term 'public school' is a very old one that has stuck. No true, state grammar schools have a fee.

Public schools are NOT free!!!!
    Tednol has been to a public school, he had to pay.

Bury grammar school does, but it is an independant school, not a true grammar.

ReputationRep:
    "your parrent wages get taxed more after that year"

Erm....NO they dont! Tigtig you're talking rubbish. Granted it is confusing though, but just because they are called public schools does NOT make them open to the public. You have to pay. Grammar schools are state schools and you do not have to pay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    "your parrent wages get taxed more after that year"

Erm....NO they dont! Tigtig you're talking rubbish. Granted it is confusing though, but just because they are called public schools does NOT make them open to the public. You have to pay. Grammar schools are state schools and you do not have to pay
    TIMES CHANGE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    the term 'public school' is a very old one that has stuck. No true, state grammar schools have a fee.

Public schools are NOT free!!!!
    Tednol has been to a public school, he had to pay.

Bury grammar school does, but it is an independant school, not a true grammar.
    OHH DO YOU LIVE IN BURY NO YOU DONT

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't mean he isn't informed though does it?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean "times change". And no, i dont live in Bury i live in Buckinghamshire

ReputationRep:
    Sigh, we're not getting through to you.

Me and Sam are not stating an opinion, we are stating fact. I know Bury grammar is an independant school. It is not part of the state system.

Public schools are fee-based. Eton is probably the most famous public school. None are part of the state system.

State schools are run by the government. They are all free. These include 164 selective state schools, known as grammars, and mostly comprehensive schools.

Those are facts.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, 'Theone', i'm a girl not a guy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    TIGTIG was actually talking to me when she said "OHH DO YOU LIVE IN BURY NO YOU DONT"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    did i say anything different? sorry if i did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    TIGTIG was actually talking to me when she said "OHH DO YOU LIVE IN BURY NO YOU DONT"

Ohh. Sorry, my mistake

ReputationRep:
    seriously it's true- grammer schools were introduced by a the government to give bright pupils the opportunity to have a better eductaion within the state system ie. free of charge.however, a lot of grammer schools were abolished and some became public.

there is nothing public about private schools. i went to one and it was highly selective + you had to pay through the nose.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    did i say anything different? sorry if i did
    You said 'he' when referring to me. Lol, at least i think you were referring to me, it's hard to keep up! No worries though, easy mistake to make!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    seriously it's true- grammer schools were introduced by a the government to give bright pupils the opportunity to have a better eductaion within the state system ie. free of charge.however, a lot of grammer schools were abolished and some became public.

there is nothing public about private schools. i went to one and it was highly selective + you had to pay through the nose.

lou xxx
    OK YOUR RIGHT I DONT CARE I DONT HAVE TO GO SCHOOL ANY MORE JUST COLLEGE.

ReputationRep:
    We want to expand your knowledge of the education system

ReputationRep:
    Well, don't make such a fuss when you don't even know about it yourself

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.