She(?) was very stubborn.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
She(?) was very stubborn.
Hey, you've been here a long time, do you know how i can make it so that replies to my postd don't get emailed to me? It's really starting to annoy me! Grr here's another one...
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Hey, you've been here a long time, do you know how i can make it so that replies to my postd don't get emailed to me? It's really starting to annoy me! Grr here's another one...
It'll be somewhere on the options of your user cp.
TIGTIG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm not stuborn ha its genetic
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
It'll be somewhere on the options of your user cp.
Thanks
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by TIGTIG)
I'm not stuborn ha its genetic
I wouldn't mind if you actually had a clue...
Blamps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by TIGTIG)
Really what grammer school do you know of as being free?
public schools are free.Why do you think government take taxations.public school is a state institution.duh.
My grammar is free
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Just to clarify (and answer the original question)

Independant (Public/Private schools)

and

State Secondary Schools
yawn1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
My grammar is free
I would like to point out that although the original concept of grammar schools was to provide an education for the bright progeny of working class (i.e. poor) this no longer is the case. The overwhelming majority of pupils at state grammar schools come from the middle classes who can afford to pay for their offspring to go to private prep schools or private tutors to carm for the 11+. This is why all state grammars should be forced to become all-ability schools or opt out of state education and become fee-paying if they wish to retain selection.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
I would like to point out that although the original concept of grammar schools was to provide an education for the bright progeny of working class (i.e. poor) this no longer is the case. The overwhelming majority of pupils at state grammar schools come from the middle classes who can afford to pay for their offspring to go to private prep schools or private tutors to carm for the 11+. This is why all state grammars should be forced to become all-ability schools or opt out of state education and become fee-paying if they wish to retain selection.
I'm sorry, but i disagree with your view of Grammar School people completely. I have never been to a private school in my life, i went to the local primary school, i didnt have a tutor for the 11+, in fact i didnt even take practice papers for it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (506)
51.32%
No (480)
48.68%

Watched Threads