Lol, finally we got there
    yep... i felt the pain...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    She(?) was very stubborn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    She(?) was very stubborn.
    Hey, you've been here a long time, do you know how i can make it so that replies to my postd don't get emailed to me? It's really starting to annoy me! Grr here's another one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Hey, you've been here a long time, do you know how i can make it so that replies to my postd don't get emailed to me? It's really starting to annoy me! Grr here's another one...
    It'll be somewhere on the options of your user cp.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not stuborn ha its genetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    It'll be somewhere on the options of your user cp.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    I'm not stuborn ha its genetic
    I wouldn't mind if you actually had a clue...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    Really what grammer school do you know of as being free?
    public schools are free.Why do you think government take taxations.public school is a state institution.duh.
    My grammar is free
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Just to clarify (and answer the original question)

Independant (Public/Private schools)

and

State Secondary Schools

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    My grammar is free
    I would like to point out that although the original concept of grammar schools was to provide an education for the bright progeny of working class (i.e. poor) this no longer is the case. The overwhelming majority of pupils at state grammar schools come from the middle classes who can afford to pay for their offspring to go to private prep schools or private tutors to carm for the 11+. This is why all state grammars should be forced to become all-ability schools or opt out of state education and become fee-paying if they wish to retain selection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    I would like to point out that although the original concept of grammar schools was to provide an education for the bright progeny of working class (i.e. poor) this no longer is the case. The overwhelming majority of pupils at state grammar schools come from the middle classes who can afford to pay for their offspring to go to private prep schools or private tutors to carm for the 11+. This is why all state grammars should be forced to become all-ability schools or opt out of state education and become fee-paying if they wish to retain selection.
    I'm sorry, but i disagree with your view of Grammar School people completely. I have never been to a private school in my life, i went to the local primary school, i didnt have a tutor for the 11+, in fact i didnt even take practice papers for it

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.