Staying up the whole night before an exam or sleep? Watch

Michi-chan
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Study - but i cant be awake for a whole night oO' i can stay up to may be l 3.30 or 4 max if i got enough sleep the previous days
for biology and maths and economics i would probably do it though

you could get a hinch for the "probable test questions" - i got a classmate who did that for an ordinary test and she f*cking guessed - she woke up at 4 am and read and read and she got all teh questions....tck

But God, i would like to predict whether i'll go to the uni I want T_T im so scared....and I am still far from being perfect - my brain says to me "these are just mock, chiil~" The hell =___=

so yeah, i would read something -
in bio - the god damn glucose, insulin part and the components which goes for what and where the f, is produced and why =.= hate them
and probably the god damn menstrual cycle...recently i started to hate girls xD why are we so damn complicated?

in maths - probably the graphs, I still suck at them /= well, im aiming for a 4 xD - not a perfect score indeed.

economics - probably about inflation/deflation, economic crisis and the economic blocks - i still haven't revised a thing, but the exam is next week, sooo i plan to revise now xD
BJP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sleep, without a doubt.
Lapis lazuli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cram then power nap!
shinejuly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it really depends on different ppl..

for me.. if im not really well prepared, enough sleep wont help as much as revision.. really.. if i didnt study a **** for a subject, i will stay up till 2 or 3, and then sleep for a while..

but again different ppl hav differnt choices..
shinejuly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
plus.. i dont think i will sleep well without any revision before an exam..
E_D_B
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
English paper 1 you don't have to revise for.
Maths - should have done studies.
Jacinta_kid
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
SLEEP!!!!!!!! dont stay awake, it wont work! :nope:
and then youll do well :yep:

:party:
Persipan
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Infinitely more sensible to sleep. Sleep deprivation completely messes with your ability to function, which is hardly what you want before an exam - far, far better to be able to think straight!

What I would do is spend the evening revising - if I didn't have time to do everything, then I'd pick the areas most likely to come up on the exam. Then, at a sensible time, put the books away and go to bed. I always find, after a night's sleep, that a lot more of what I need to remember has stuck in my head than seemed to be the case the evening before; and being refreshed and rested would mean I'd be better able to face the exam and not make daft errors.
cmsv
Report 10 years ago
Sleep!!

You need to be functioning in the morning...

For Eng P1 you can't really study... (my teacher gave us ONE past paper with no markschemes...) As for Math just try to do past papers until then... you still have a couple of days...
Jennie1987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I tried this - but had 3 hours sleep max (probably less) - and it was terrible. I didnt have the energy to complete the questions to the best of my ability even though I probably had the information to answer them. I got like 45 so passed but it definitely made me work harder to make up the marks in July, I felt dizzy and lighthead and out of it the whole way through the exam so couldnt have thought properly. The last 4 hours I stayed up would have been better spent sleeping.

Exam was 3 hours long at 8.30, had to leave house at 7.30ish, get up about 6.30. - It was finance and had like 100 different multiple choice questions to study and many different subjects to write like 3 essay questions. :sad: horrible exam
jguy163
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
idk... i know a guy who apparently stayed up all night for his AS exam and got a B for it, he may have revised some before that day, not sure, but i doubt it was enough otherwise he wouldnt have stayed up ect, but he said that he packed a TON of caffine, also, i think you just need to sort out ur revision ie only model answers and just memorise them or something, exam was in the morning and 1 hour long...
babawockee
Report 10 years ago
no sleep + chocolate covered roasted coffee beans + 10 cans of coke
Luxe
Report 10 years ago
Sleep. Then power-cram in the morning right before the exam (especially applicable in biology/math).
My Tosis Is...?
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My sister stays up all night and studys, I'm more boring I just study when have to :p:
aata
Report 10 years ago
SLEEP!

unless it's an art exam and you're handing in your coursework book the next day
Ascient
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There's no point in going to sleep if you don't know much. You're consolidating what knowledge exactly? I'd revise all day, go to bed around 9pm, wake up around 4am, revise again. At the very least.

Cramming when I've done it, although far from ideal, has worked well for me.
andymt
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sleep-you cant really do much for english, and for maths? That isnt until thursday...so..you have 2 days after the english.
Cram in those 2 days.
Erfan777
Report 10 years ago
I just studied untill 6 am today for Math HL and then slept like 3 hours and have to study again for MATH HL...

I sended a practice English A1 paper 1 commentary to my teacher like a week ago and he sended me it today and I got a lousy 14/25

I hoping to make it to atleast a 5 in the exam tommorrow.
keepoffthelawn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
depends... i'd sleep instead if its in the beginning of the week because then i wouldn't be able to study in the evening due to tiredness of lack of sleep - and then theres always the danger of oversleeping and missing an exam *gasp*. So my advice would be to sleep unless you think you'll fail if you don't cram the night before :p: and even then i'd probably just do it towards the end of the week when you can sleep it out in the weekend.
keepoffthelawn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by andymt)
Sleep-you cant really do much for english, and for maths? That isnt until thursday...so..you have 2 days after the english.
Cram in those 2 days.
you have no exams on tues and wed? lucky.. i'm fully booked with exams every day and all day long until next tuesday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (496)
26.34%
The paper was reasonable (818)
43.44%
Not feeling great about that exam (369)
19.6%
It was TERRIBLE (200)
10.62%

Watched Threads