Staying up the whole night before an exam or sleep? Watch

CocoPop
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
From experience - sleep.

The two exams for which I did not sleep properly the night before were by FAR my two worst exams. Sleep is really important.
verbaltaka
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Learned more than 60% of my maths studies material day before the exam. Crammed everything non stop, on the way to school, 5 mins before the exam,.. didn't sleep for 24+hours. Got a 4 in the end ( which is what I wanted ).

So yes. Pulling an all nighter works.. You wont remember EVERYTHING ( and its easy to mess up bits of info here and there ) but it sure as hell will stay embedded in your head for a good 1-2hours.

Goodluck
Thelandri
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
To be frank you'd be better just revising a normal amount the day before and then getting a decent sleep. That way you can at least do a small amount well than a large amount badly.
clairehillsmith
Report 10 years ago
unfortunately I did this last night, and it payed off!!
I'd spend all day studying for Biology and then released I'd left out two topics, so spent 5 hours into the night studying, then got 3 hours of sleep...

thankfully i remembered what I'd studied and it payed off!
But it definately doesn't help to do it more than once, I'd say!
verbaltaka
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by clairehillsmith)
unfortunately I did this last night, and it payed off!!
I'd spend all day studying for Biology and then released I'd left out two topics, so spent 5 hours into the night studying, then got 3 hours of sleep...

thankfully i remembered what I'd studied and it payed off!
But it definately doesn't help to do it more than once, I'd say!
ditto this.

I already mentioned my take in another post but I might as well write it here again.
Had P3 Bio today which consists of two options. ( our class originally picked E and H ).. Sadly I never paid attention in lesson.. So today on the way to school ( on the bus ), crammed 45 mins of Option E and Option D ( first time looking at D, lmao hahahah ).. My god, my mind felt so stacked up with info.. I barely glanced at the questions when we were handed the paper ( DURING READING TIME ).. finally when reading time was up, looked at the q's and I knew almost everything ( excluding 1x 4 point question and a couple small q's ).

=WinWin
clairehillsmith
Report 10 years ago
So today on the way to school ( on the bus ), crammed 45 mins of Option E and Option D ( first time looking at D, lmao hahahah ).. My god, my mind felt so stacked up with info.. I barely glanced at the questions when we were handed the paper ( DURING READING TIME ).. finally when reading time was up, looked at the q's and I knew almost everything ( excluding 1x 4 point question and a couple small q's ).

=WinWin
45 minutes thats it?! i'm jealous. haha.
i took 5 -6 hours REVIEWING my topics, which were A and B.
but i think I did alright in the end..
Arowana123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Seriously, far better to stay up all night and learn the material. Yeah in a perfect world we should have already revised and studied hard by this point, but no use crying over spilt milk, if you know nothing now, you can pretty much learn all the material you need for an exam overnight. Whats the use in getting a good nights sleep, functioning perfectly and sitting in the exam not having a clue what to write?
scorpia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
staying up works for me
fabstar_786
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by scorpia)
staying up works for me

Me tooo, however, I can only function until 3 am in the morning and then I have deep sleep, in which i can be a bit more fresh on the exam day, I would wake up 1.5 hours before the exam, shower to stay fresh, eat chocolate and energy boost to ensure I don't fall asleep and my brain remains active in the exam and maybe snack a banana, to ensure I do not get hugnry in the exam!

In fact, I'm doing just this tonight and thought i'd let you all know...

BUT the drawbacks are that if you have an exam the next day aswell (day after the exam you stayed awake), it will be harder to revise for that and stay awake for that!

My max. is 1 allnighter, and then I slept for 1 entire night and half the day win deep sleep! Good thing I didn't have an exam on that day!

WARNING, it's proven that it's better not to do this, so don't follow my advise, i'm a bad role-model, (or so everyone says)
Abdulihshan1997
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
dude chill out man drink 4-5 cans of redbulls smoke if you want to and ACE your Exams
amen1991
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
definitely don't ever sleep

:rolleyes:

(Original post by Abdulihshan1997)
dude chill out man drink 4-5 cans of redbulls smoke if you want to and ACE your Exams
how the **** did you find this? it's from 09
Abstract_Prism
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you've done no revision, then you should stay up all night and revise. What's the point of having an awake and highly-rested brain if you've got no information to use it for?
Sergio Fernando
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by whamjam)
what subject is it?
whatever subject it is cramming doesn t work bcz the time for processing new ideas takes bit of time plus to retrieve the information cues are needed both environmental and situational cues.koeler 2002 found that more stressful words are less likely to be recalled than neutral ones.if u haven t done ur revisions that s ur fault just stop posting some nonsense if u know that the answer is gonna be a 1000 perc failure.u just waste time by typing and desperation doesn t even give u proper plans for ur daily basis and specially when it comes with revisions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (508)
26.49%
The paper was reasonable (832)
43.38%
Not feeling great about that exam (375)
19.55%
It was TERRIBLE (203)
10.58%

Watched Threads