Nose pierced for a week. Fell out, cleaning. What to do? Won't go back in. Watch

rockchicksarah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Basically I was cleaning the piecing and it caught on the cotton wool and came out. I've tried to put it back in but it just isn't going.

What should I do?
Will I be charged if I go upto the tattoo studio where I got it done again?
Shadow!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If it's anything like the cartilidge in the ear then it will heal extremly fast, you have to toughen up and push it through while it hasn't entirely healed. It may hurt though! I've had to do it twice so far >.<
pocomontus
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
my nose bar did this also... it will hurt like hell but you need to fiddle around until you find the exact spot wher it was, ( ie angle it went in) and push like hell! It will hurt, but it will fit back in. Use lots of salt water after, to help heal quicker to stop this happening again... try using cotton buds instead x
rockchicksarah
Rep:
?
(Original post by pocomontus)
my nose bar did this also... it will hurt like hell but you need to fiddle around until you find the exact spot wher it was, ( ie angle it went in) and push like hell! It will hurt, but it will fit back in. Use lots of salt water after, to help heal quicker to stop this happening again... try using cotton buds instead x
It's one of those swirly ones though. http://www.bodyrockjewelry.com/Image...1-20-Large.jpg

I can't find an angle because it's like that.
kexy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rockchicksarah)
It's one of those swirly ones though. http://www.bodyrockjewelry.com/Image...1-20-Large.jpg

I can't find an angle because it's like that.
You're just going to have to try until you get it in else it will heal very quickly.
* Carlee *
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Basically I was cleaning the piecing and it caught on the cotton wool and came out. I've tried to put it back in but it just isn't going.

What should I do?
Will I be charged if I go upto the tattoo studio where I got it done again?
try using a small earring to find the hole. When you have found it follow the swiry bar thing through, it should work. If it hurts too much numb it with ice maybe?
rockchicksarah
Rep:
?
(Original post by * Carlee *)
try using a small earring to find the hole. When you have found it follow the swiry bar thing through, it should work. If it hurts too much numb it with ice maybe?

I like your thinking, it's nigh on genius.
* Carlee *
Report 9 years ago
I like your thinking, it's nigh on genius.
haha!
nolongerhearthemusic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Go back to your piercer. They might be able to taper open the hole and put your jewellery back in. Don't just try and shove it back through, that will damage it and make it painful and difficult to heal. Alternatively, let it heal, wait a few weeks and get it pierced again.
rockchicksarah
Rep:
?
Okay. Thanks folks.
rockchicksarah
Rep:
?
haha!

I'm such a major fail. It's not working. Grr, I'm so annoyed and sorry I'm venting on you.
* Carlee *
Report 9 years ago
I'm such a major fail. It's not working. Grr, I'm so annoyed and sorry I'm venting on you.
grr! what a shame! Does it go slightly in or not at all? How long has it been out of your nose?
shorty.loves.angels
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did that with pretty much all my piercings 'cause I just fiddle too much and I'm clumsy : ) Lip bar was hardest to shove back in but it did go and doesn't hurt for long after imo.

Seriously, just get it back in, won't hurt anymore than when you had it done...
rockchicksarah
Rep:
?
grr! what a shame! Does it go slightly in or not at all? How long has it been out of your nose?
I can get it all the way in till just the stud is showing but it won't come out the other side and hurts like hell. My friends gonna give me a lift up and it's been out around and hour and a bit.
* Carlee *
Report 9 years ago
I can get it all the way in till just the stud is showing but it won't come out the other side and hurts like hell. My friends gonna give me a lift up and it's been out around and hour and a bit.
okay, try and hurry up getting it back in, it heals quite fast!
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Be careful with getting it back in. If it's anything like the piercing I had done at the top of my ear it might swell up and get infected if you try to get it back in. Mine was so swollen it nearly swallowed the jewellery.
sharz
Report 9 years ago
that happen to me , finally got it back in i was in pain for two days till i remove it

i suggest dont put it back in, just get it done again and be more careful next time
rockchicksarah
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannah_dru)
Be careful with getting it back in. If it's anything like the piercing I had done at the top of my ear it might swell up and get infected if you try to get it back in. Mine was so swollen it nearly swallowed the jewellery.

When I had the top of my ear done it did swell up and swallow the piercing. But the piercer has just given me a token to get it repierced cheaper when it heals.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mine did that, but I just pushed it through again.

With mine, you have to get your finger up into your nose and feel for the stud as it comes through the front of the hole, then wiggle your finger around a bit until it pops through.
It's probably too late now, but I was sat in front of the mirror for around 2 hours trying to get it back in again - and was successful. Don't give up.
rockchicksarah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
Mine did that, but I just pushed it through again.

With mine, you have to get your finger up into your nose and feel for the stud as it comes through the front of the hole, then wiggle your finger around a bit until it pops through.
It's probably too late now, but I was sat in front of the mirror for around 2 hours trying to get it back in again - and was successful. Don't give up.
Thanks and from my experience today, ouch for you. I appreciate everyones help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (14)
16.09%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (6)
6.9%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (16)
18.39%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (11)
12.64%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (11)
12.64%
How can I be the best version of myself? (29)
33.33%

Watched Threads