Nose pierced for a week. Fell out, cleaning. What to do? Won't go back in.

Watch
Learca
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi,Can anyone help with my situation. I pierced my nostril myself 3 weeks ago, placed 14 ct gold 1mm gauge stud. All went well for 11 days healing beautifully, then my 10 month old grand baby snatched at the piercing pulling it out. It ripped inside my nostril (so sore) after about 6 hours managed to get it back in. However, the following morning the jewellery had disappeared in the swelling on the inside of my nose. Stupidly I took the jewellery out, went out and purchased a thin wire stud which after a number of hours managed to get in. My nose is so sore and swollen on the inside that I cannot bend the wire to secure in place. Although the swelling is going down I still cannot bend the wire to secure. I want to change the jewellery stud as I hate the one in at present. Would this be a wise move as the stud I want to put in is slightly thicker.Any advise please?
PhoenixRose338
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Learca)
Hi,Can anyone help with my situation. I pierced my nostril myself 3 weeks ago, placed 14 ct gold 1mm gauge stud. All went well for 11 days healing beautifully, then my 10 month old grand baby snatched at the piercing pulling it out. It ripped inside my nostril (so sore) after about 6 hours managed to get it back in. However, the following morning the jewellery had disappeared in the swelling on the inside of my nose. Stupidly I took the jewellery out, went out and purchased a thin wire stud which after a number of hours managed to get in. My nose is so sore and swollen on the inside that I cannot bend the wire to secure in place. Although the swelling is going down I still cannot bend the wire to secure. I want to change the jewellery stud as I hate the one in at present. Would this be a wise move as the stud I want to put in is slightly thicker.Any advise please?
I think it would be better if you post a separate thread, because not many people will click on this one. Even if they do, they'll probably not bother seeing the most recent post because this thread is 11 years old.
yaribeth herrea
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i need help too i just got it done on oct 25 and know today on oct 28 it fell out and it hurts when i put it in its half in but i cant put it fully
username5448338
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Are nose piercings still popular? I got mine done 2 years ago but had an allergic reaction to the stud and had to take it out
username5448338
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by yaribeth herrea)
i need help too i just got it done on oct 25 and know today on oct 28 it fell out and it hurts when i put it in its half in but i cant put it fully
Try the sea salt solution to bring down swelling and then try to put the jewellery in.
tashaskzstan
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
tysm💕mine fell out last night when i was cleaning it( i only got it pierced 3 days ago)i pushed an earring in and it went in no hesitation with no pain. i lost the jewellery tho so i’ll have to have a big earring in it until i buy some more💀💀
kennedy101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hell yeah they’re still popular, i have a septum and a nose stud
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (50)
30.12%
No (116)
69.88%

Watched Threads