Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does ne1 have a summery of public schools and their effects on SPORT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheese_on_ice)
    does ne1 have a summery of public schools and their effects on SPORT
    Why not do a bit of research for yourself? Every public school in the country has got a website i'd imagine, go browse...

ReputationRep:
    Is this some History of PE thing? Basically, write about stuff like how public schools inflicted sports on the boys (mostly boys in previous centuries, but girls too more recently), and so a lot of early development in modern team sports took place there. For example, Rugby was invented at (surprise!) Rugby school, by a guy called William Webb-Ellis, can't remember when. Also, stuff like cricket wouldn't be half as popular as it is now if it weren't for its being played a lot at public schools.

Not particularly useful, but it's a start.

ReputationRep:
    rugby supposivly started @ my school, dover college- public school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sxy_lady)
    rugby supposivly started @ my school, dover college- public school!
    Go work out how many of the England rugby team are public school educated... about half I'd guess.

Or see the impact of Leicester Tigers RFC on Oakham School.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.