What's the difference between beautiful and 'fit'

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
and which would you prefer to be described as ?

anon or delete (im asking for a friend)
RuffRyder
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
fit is someone you'd like to bang
lucyhol1012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When my boyfriend calls me beautiful it gives me butterflies and makes me go all funny inside and its such a lovely thing to hear.
If he called me fit however I'd probably think he was just being silly and trying to make me laugh.
I think "fit" is a bit degrading, I'm fine with it in an athletic sense but when you're called "fit" it just makes you feel a bit like a piece of meat in my opinion :/
M_E_X
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Beautiful means you're hot but with a bit of class
If I was a girl being called a "fitty" would make me want to puke.

edit: hahaha beaten by Lucy I'm glad we both said the same thing <3
Rokit
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Prefereably beautiful or pretty etc

Terms such as fit, sexy are used by guys acting on their hormones. They are looking at just the physical and reacting to it. When I say the physical I mean a girl in a micro mini dress with heels and her boobs popping out
caroline147
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Fit- someone you want to ****
Beautiful- someone you want to be in a relationship with

I'd rather be described as beautiful. But then, I just really hate the word 'fit' :p:
samanthaslough
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Beautiful is a more classy way to describe attractiveness I guess..and also can relate to personality.
Fit means "I would" basically
forsaken_earth
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This question was the main preoccupation of year nine i seem to recall..

Except it was pretty vs fit, rather than beautiful.

Beauty is a dimension that in my understanding goes beyond aesthetics... You have to exhibit physical, sexual, emotional qualities in the proportions unique to yourself only... I don't know how much sense this is making, but in a nutshell I think beauty cannot be compared with mere surface value.
Eljamaispa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Best to get the guys' take on this but 'fit' seems to mean a girl a guy loves looking at like eyecandy and would love to have sex with.

Beautiful suggests more that the guy is in awe of her looks and not just her body, and in some cases also her personality. Altogether it is a more 'respectful' comment and a beautiful girl is more likely to be way out of a guys league (a fit girl is more approachable).

I'd rather be called beautiful because any girl can be called 'fit' with starvation, ghds and make-up.
M_E_X
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Eljamaispa)
Best to get the guys' take on this but 'fit' seems to mean a girl a guy loves looking at like eyecandy and would love to have sex with.

Beautiful suggests more that the guy is in awe of her looks and not just her body, and in some cases also her personality. Altogether it is a more 'respectful' comment and a beautiful girl is more likely to be way out of a guys league (a fit girl is more approachable).

I'd rather be called beautiful because any girl can be called 'fit' with starvation, ghds and make-up.
Yep (Y) I agree with this post. Well said!

I'm a guy btw XD
*Dreaming*
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
beautiful obviously! It isn't that hard to be "fit" really, you don't have to be pretty to be fit.
mikeybey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Fit is a term used primarily between a group of lads on the bill oddie. Or to describe quite a rough but hot girl, as said above, mainly just wanting to have sex with.

Beautiful is used when actually pulling, or to indicate that someone is better than just sex.
Jacinta_kid
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
erm people would say fit as:
- good body
- ready to shag
- not really into them except a fling
- good looking

but beautiful is:
- want a relationship with them
- a personality cannot be fit but can be beautiful
- looks are amazing (sometimes or to them)
- theyre one of a kind as a person
- people who call someone beautiful actually mean it

its really easy to call someone fit, but beautiful means something :love: :yep:

if that makes any sense?
menaa-x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
beauty seems to sound/be more innocent than being 'fit'.. i dont know why, it just seems that way.

& 'fit' is being more physically attractive and really good looking, whereas ''beauty isnt skin deep'' [as they say :p:]
letv
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by samanthaslough)
Beautiful is a more classy way to describe attractiveness I guess..and also can relate to personality.
Fit means "I would" basically

i would :kissing2:
MichaelG
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lucyhol1012)
When my boyfriend calls me beautiful it gives me butterflies and makes me go all funny inside and its such a lovely thing to hear.
If he called me fit however I'd probably think he was just being silly and trying to make me laugh.
I think "fit" is a bit degrading, I'm fine with it in an athletic sense but when you're called "fit" it just makes you feel a bit like a piece of meat in my opinion :/

this to the absolute max
village_anonymous
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
fit isn't an insult, it's just not as good as beautiful.
lucyhol1012
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Thats okay for you to say, you're a boy.
I can't say I'd feel good if someone called me "fit"
Frannnnn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i wouldn't mind either, it'd make a change from '*****'
n0c0ntr0l
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lucyhol1012)
Thats okay for you to say, you're a boy.
I can't say I'd feel good if someone called me "fit"
i wouldn't complain its hardly an insult. It's a compliment, that i don't often give to girls. Beautiful I've never said. Pretty I've reserved for only the best looking of girls that are literally breath taking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (139)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.35%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (288)
29.84%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.59%
I'm not a current university student (471)
48.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed