The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ArcadiaHouse
I was in the library between 11am and 6pm doing past papers, with only half an hour's break at the Morrisons café lol :o: and I still feel like I know eff all!!!

Geezo!!
I'm resitting it again, so I hate last years paper haha!

But I still if I study hard from tomorrow till exam I think I can get a pass (:s-smilie: hopefully)

I passed both the prelims, (which I didn't last year, I was such a bio n00b :P)
So I just need to stay calm, I think that's were I always go wrong, I always panic, and then can't even think to answer the questions because pretty much everything is flying about in my little head :frown: :eek3:
Reply 41
I do not understand ANYTHING to do with the population stuff ( the georgraphy part of the course)
St3ve91
Can anyone explain the lymphatic system in the most simple way possible please?

My teacher skipped that part of the course so I tried to learn it my self, well that failed
So if lymph comes up tomorrow I will just cry.
Sorry for not being much help

Just found my notes on Lymphatic system :-
Excess tissue fluid is filtered out of the blood stream (at capillary beds), which then drains into lymphatic vessels (which are tiny and then unite to form larger vessels)

Lymph keeps moving as the vessel are squeezed by eg muscle movements, respiration...
The fluid will return to the bloodstream.
Can anyone tell me what the Karyotype is?

Is it just a picture of stained chromosomes that are arranged by size ? ?
ryan92
I do not understand ANYTHING to do with the population stuff ( the georgraphy part of the course)

I love you! Loads of people keeps saying it's the easiest bit, but I can safely say I don't understand any of the geography stuff :eek3:
Reply 45
NinjaBread
Can anyone tell me what the Karyotype is?

Is it just a picture of stained chromosomes that are arranged by size ? ?

Yes. :P 22 pairs + XX (Female) / XY (Male)
St3ve91
They are responsible for their own demise :eek:

Clearly :p:
NinjaBread
Lucky for some I guess :p:

One wants/is going to be a doctor and the other wants to do Bio at uni, but still ... :woo:
St3ve91
Yes. :P 22 pairs + XX (Female) / XY (Male)

Ahh ok thanks!
At least I'll know that now! :biggrin:
ArcadiaHouse
One wants/is going to be a doctor and the other wants to do Bio at uni, but still ... :woo:

Geezo!
I can't imagine not needing to study for bio! Theres just soooo much you need to know :eek3:

And after Higher tbh I don't think I want to know anything about a human body ever again :p:
NinjaBread
Geezo!!
I'm resitting it again, so I hate last years paper haha!

But I still if I study hard from tomorrow till exam I think I can get a pass (:s-smilie: hopefully)

I passed both the prelims, (which I didn't last year, I was such a bio n00b :P)
So I just need to stay calm, I think that's were I always go wrong, I always panic, and then can't even think to answer the questions because pretty much everything is flying about in my little head :frown: :eek3:

LOL You'll be fine! :wink: I'm like that too, I completely panic and go blank. But I'm not going to do that tomorrow because I've sat three SQA exams this month and have stopped shaking when I open the paper lol.

Since you sat it last year, do you have any idea why the grade boundary for an A was so high? Was it to reduce the number of people getting As, or did they believe it was an 'easier' paper?
the good thing about human biology is that its not like there are tonnes of marks on each topic, usually you can get away with very little knowledge except for the essay questions, i just had the higher geography exam in which you are buggered if a topic comes up and you don't know anything about it because there are usually 14 to 18 marks on it
NinjaBread
Geezo!
I can't imagine not needing to study for bio! Theres just soooo much you need to know :eek3:

And after Higher tbh I don't think I want to know anything about a human body ever again :p:

I call reproduction the "sexy" bit but everyone says it's dull LOL. Someone handed in a labelled diagram with 'c*ck' written on it and the teacher laughed. :eek:
TheRabbit
the good thing about human biology is that its not like there are tonnes of marks on each topic, usually you can get away with very little knowledge except for the essay questions, i just had the higher geography exam in which you are buggered if a topic comes up and you don't know anything about it because there are usually 14 to 18 marks on it

Hence why I sat the Int 2 exam this morning. :yep:
ArcadiaHouse
I call reproduction the "sexy" bit but everyone says it's dull LOL. Someone handed in a labelled diagram with 'c*ck' written on it and the teacher laughed. :eek:

haha!
cool teacher! :biggrin:
Where is the coronary artery?
Reply 56
I just done the 2004 paper there, and managed to get 83/130, which turns out to be a B. Just scraped a B though, and I still don't feel confident, because I could have been too easy on myself :frown: ha

Could anyone help me with how to meaure heart rates ( questions some times come on on MC) and how to do the surface area things :smile:?
Reply 57
NinjaBread
Where is the coronary artery?

The heart. Anyway look forward to an 80% cut off for an A guys.
Lachlan
Anyway look forward to an 80% cut off for an A guys.

Why is that?
Reply 59
ArcadiaHouse
Why is that?

Its what it was last year. Still got an A but I know people who got high 70's and got B's.

Latest