The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
One here :smile:

I'm already a notts student so any questions about cav or uni in general, fire away!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
jhs08
One here :smile:

I'm already a notts student so any questions about cav or uni in general, fire away!

i thought i'd remembered speaking to you before :smile: what you studying?
Reply 3
loulapops
i thought i'd remembered speaking to you before :smile: what you studying?

Maths... :s-smilie:
Not going so well at the moment, revision failing to happen... but there you go :smile:
I don't remember what you said you were doing?

I was round at Cav yesterday, looked simply delightful in the sunshine..
Reply 4
*bump* Any cav/uni qs, quote me and I'l try and answer. :smile:
jhs08
*bump* Any cav/uni qs, quote me and I'l try and answer. :smile:

Hey just got my confirmation a couple of days ago :biggrin:

Just wanted to ask how life is in Cavendish Hall??
Reply 6
chippymudster
Hey just got my confirmation a couple of days ago :biggrin:

Just wanted to ask how life is in Cavendish Hall??

I should point out that I don't live there yet (I will be next year) but all reports seem good from people I do know there. It's got a nice bar, got a nice big JCR (common room) with pool table, table football, sky TV etc. Nicely laid out...
What do you want to know? :smile:
Reply 7
*bump bump*
Reply 8
jhs08
Maths... :s-smilie:
Not going so well at the moment, revision failing to happen... but there you go :smile:
I don't remember what you said you were doing?

I was round at Cav yesterday, looked simply delightful in the sunshine..

not much craic in here is there haha

i'm studying law chick (hopefully anyway when i miss my offer)

i was lucky to visit the campus on a really sunny day and it was lush, just love the place! never got the opportunity to visit cav though :frown: just a quick tour of a room at cripps which can't say i loved

just hope they wont reject me for dropping a grade below the offer...
Reply 9
loulapops
not much craic in here is there haha

i'm studying law chick (hopefully anyway when i miss my offer)

i was lucky to visit the campus on a really sunny day and it was lush, just love the place! never got the opportunity to visit cav though :frown: just a quick tour of a room at cripps which can't say i loved

just hope they wont reject me for dropping a grade below the offer...

Mm, I have been pretty much talking to myself in here so far :p:

University Park is lush. It won the award for greenest campus in the country a couple of years ago.
Reply 10
We need some banter. Hows revision going for you all? (Or gap year?) :biggrin:
jhs08
We need some banter. Hows revision going for you all? (Or gap year?) :biggrin:

lol revision...well...it's quite non-existant right now :p:

and yet somehow i need to get AAA :eek:
Reply 12
chippymudster
lol revision...well...it's quite non-existant right now :p:

and yet somehow i need to get AAA :eek:

Yep, mine is non-existent as well. Need to get seriously started soon.... :s-smilie:

What course are you going to be doing?
jhs08
Yep, mine is non-existent as well. Need to get seriously started soon.... :s-smilie:

What course are you going to be doing?

Hopefully economics with russian

What about you???
Reply 14
chippymudster
Hopefully economics with russian

What about you???

I'm currently doing maths, hopefully changing to maths and philosophy next year.
Hey! I got an offer/confirmed for Cavendish a bit back, quite looking forward to it! I know quite a few people who are also going to Nottm this year and they're staying in Cavendish or close by which is nice!
I'll be doing Philosophy - Grades permitted, on this note.. no, revision IS NOT going well, since hitting 1-8 i have ID that is seeing a lot of usage, particularly from my younger bro and sis too lol.
Aahh man, I'm well excited!
Reply 16
RachelDesires
Hey! I got an offer/confirmed for Cavendish a bit back, quite looking forward to it! I know quite a few people who are also going to Nottm this year and they're staying in Cavendish or close by which is nice!
I'll be doing Philosophy - Grades permitted, on this note.. no, revision IS NOT going well, since hitting 1-8 i have ID that is seeing a lot of usage, particularly from my younger bro and sis too lol.

Ooh, I *may* be doing Philosophy as well! Currently doing maths but am trying to switch to maths+philosophy. So all going well (dependant on my exams so not looking great tbh!) I may be doing half the same course as you.. :smile:
RachelDesires

Hey, what's your offer for notts?

I need to some how get AAA. I'm confident about 2 of the As...it's the last one that currently looks like a B :frown:
Reply 18
Hey there people!

This is probably a really random question, but i was hoping if any of the current Cav studs could give me a hand in this! Basically...i'll be coming to cav this sep (woooo v.excitedd) but was wondering whether it's worth bringing a bicycle or not?? I know there's a bus nearby but is there a need? Also, the beds are single beds right?! I hope so- cos i just ordered a load of bed linen. ahhhhhhhhh.

If anyone could let me know that'd be fab! Thank you very muchh :smile:
:smile:
Reply 19
talaniee
Hey there people!

This is probably a really random question, but i was hoping if any of the current Cav studs could give me a hand in this! Basically...i'll be coming to cav this sep (woooo v.excitedd) but was wondering whether it's worth bringing a bicycle or not?? I know there's a bus nearby but is there a need? Also, the beds are single beds right?! I hope so- cos i just ordered a load of bed linen. ahhhhhhhhh.

If anyone could let me know that'd be fab! Thank you very muchh :smile:
:smile:

You won't need a bike, your lectures will be 10 mins walk away max. (uphill as well). And there are bus stops nearby that go to town, Jubilee Campus etc.

If you want to bring your bike then you should note that there is infuriatingly no bike shed or any undercover storage at Cav, there are just metal racks outside. So if you're OK with leaving your bike outside in the elements then that's OK. If not then there is a central indoor bike store which only uni students can get into - this is a 5 min walk from Cav though.

I'm thinking of bringing my bike back next year but I'm not leaving it outside, it's my pride and joy :p:. I may leave it in the bike store in Hu Stu (where I am now), though. Or blag storage off friends in Broadgate or somewhere else with a store. Seeing as I won't be using it very often (for recreation rather than getting around)

And yes beds are single.

Hope that helps!

Latest

Trending

Trending