Darren Shan

Watch this thread
pinkflamingoes
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Anyone heard of him?

Anyone read his books?

Anyone else love his work as much as i do?!?!!

Ive read his vampire series and was so sad when they ended and im now on the latest book (9 i think) of the demonata series.

They are just the type of books you dont have to 'get into' you pick them up and right there on the first line you wana read the whole thing. Ive never been dissapointed by any of his work and am really not ever wanting the books to end but they have to unfortunately.

I would seriously recommend them to anyone who likes slight horror books (but not scary in the slightest).

I think they are actually meant for the younger teengers which possibly is why they are such easy reads. The story lines are just fantastic too.
LouLou815
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 13 years ago
I used to read the vampire series and really enojoyed it, though never finished the series. People keep telling me I should finish them!
tomtom:)
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I finished all 12 there is 12 right, been years. Will re-read over summer methinks
chilliann
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
i read the firs 2 and stopped, i really should buy the third
MrCharmed
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
i read six of them then got bored
ChocolateFish
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I loved his 'Darren Shan' vampire series. I was (am still) addicted to them, they were virtually my life for years!

Have only read a few of his Demonata books though. I suppose I should try and get into them a bit more!
jaz_jaz
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
i read 3 books from the demonata series.
pinkflamingoes
Rep:
(Original post by Genesis-ar92)
I have read EVERY single book hes done and probally love him more than you the movie has just finished production btw
Yeah im always checking up on the info on that movie i cant wait till it comes out! Dragging my bf down to the cinema and making him watch it with me haha.
steeler4life
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I've read book 1-8 of the Demonata series. They were all really good (except Demon Thief. That was only ok. Might have to read again). Waiting for book 9 to arrive. Hopefully tomorrow..
pinkflamingoes
Rep:
(Original post by steeler4life)
I've read book 1-8 of the Demonata series. They were all really good (except Demon Thief. That was only ok. Might have to read again). Waiting for book 9 to arrive. Hopefully tomorrow..
i had forgot i preordered mine and so when it arrived i practically peed myself haha. got to reading it straight away.
LouLou815
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I have read EVERY single book hes done and probally love him more than you the movie has just finished production btw
There's going to be a movie? :confused:
steeler4life
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pinkflamingoes)
i had forgot i preordered mine and so when it arrived i practically peed myself haha. got to reading it straight away.
Mine arrived on saturday, but I'm in uni halls, and all post goes thru to the office. Its closed at weekends, so won't get mine til tomorrow now, cos of the bank holiday
Chris#1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
The Vampire series was awesome.
itszednotzee
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Read all 12 of the vampire series - but this is so weird because i found them all again the other day and started reading random bits of one
LouLou815
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
yes :P
Ohh what series of books is it based on?
steeler4life
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Finally got Dark Calling! :woo: *reads*
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LouLou815)
Ohh what series of books is it based on?
The original vampire series, 12 books
LouLou815
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by tomtom:))
The original vampire series, 12 books
:woo: :woo:
Excellent! I always thought they'd make a good film!
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Was literally at least five years ago that its was on... newsround or something saying that they were going to make the films!
Hibz123
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I started reading the first 4 and got bored but my brother and sister absolutely love it:o:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (102)
68.46%
No (31)
20.81%
I didn't use it to prepare (16)
10.74%

Watched Threads