Excluded from an educational school trip

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Last_resort_33
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
My 13 yr old daughter has been excluded from an educational (history) school trip to France in
October, during the half term holiday Are there any guidelines for exclusion.

She is being teased by other students about having a sexual relationship with the male teacher who
is leading the trip. Our daughter is an excellent top set student, who is attracted to the teacher,
as is normal for a teenage girl. Before all this blew up, she was likely to win the student of the
year award for history. The teacher had always been enthusiastic about her work and her academic
abilities.

We are totally convinced that there is absolutely no basis for these accusations; they were made by
other students simply to bully and upset my daughter. Some posters were put up in the girls toilets
concerning the supposed relationship. The school have already changed the teacher for her history
class, and she is being picked on by the other students for this, as he is such a popular teacher.

The teachers think that it would be 'inappropriate' for her to go on this trip. Is 'inappropriate'
sufficient reason for her exclusion from the trip, or is there a process to go through first.

With thanks for any help you may give us. LR33
Robert
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:53:34 +0100, "Last_Resort_33" <[email protected] > wrote:

[q1]>The teachers think that it would be 'inappropriate' for her to go on this trip. Is 'inappropriate'[/q1]
[q1]>sufficient reason for her exclusion from the trip, or is there a process to go through first.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>With thanks for any help you may give us. LR33[/q1]

Without getting involved in any of the issues that are raised in your posting, the answer to your
basic question is yes. The school can decide who does and who doesn't go.
Stjohn
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Last_Resort_33 wrote in message ...
[q1]>My 13 yr old daughter has been excluded from an educational (history)[/q1]
school
[q1]>trip to France in October, during the half term holiday[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>The teachers think that it would be 'inappropriate' for her to go on this trip. Is 'inappropriate'[/q1]
[q1]>sufficient reason for her exclusion from the trip, or is there a process to go through first.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

For both the sakes of your daughter and the teacher involved I think you should be sighing with
relief that the school is acting so decisively in this matter.

Flattering though it might be to be the object of a childish crush, I don't think many professional
teachers would be so delighted if they had to take the pupil on a school trip abroad.

StJohn
Roddytoo
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Last_Resort_33" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> My 13 yr old daughter has been excluded from an educational (history)[/q1]
school
[q1]> trip to France in October, during the half term holiday Are there any guidelines for exclusion.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> She is being teased by other students about having a sexual relationship with the male teacher who[/q1]
[q1]> is leading the trip. Our daughter is an excellent top set student, who is attracted to the[/q1]
[q1]> teacher, as is normal for a teenage girl. Before all this blew up, she was likely to win the[/q1]
[q1]> student of the year award for history. The teacher had always been enthusiastic about her work and[/q1]
[q1]> her academic abilities.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> We are totally convinced that there is absolutely no basis for these accusations; they were made[/q1]
[q1]> by other students simply to bully and upset my daughter. Some posters were put up in the girls[/q1]
[q1]> toilets concerning the supposed relationship. The school have already changed the teacher for her[/q1]
[q1]> history class, and she is being picked on by the other students for this, as he is such a popular[/q1]
[q1]> teacher.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> The teachers think that it would be 'inappropriate' for her to go on this trip. Is 'inappropriate'[/q1]
[q1]> sufficient reason for her exclusion from the[/q1]
trip,
[q1]> or is there a process to go through first.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> With thanks for any help you may give us. LR33[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Just how would this trip benefit your daughter under the present circumstances? This has the
potential to make matters much worse for her than they already are. Fasr better for both parties to
have some distance between them so that their accusers have nothing to feed upon. As in another
post, be thankful that the school has acted decisively, for the benfit of both parties concerned.
Stop thinking about how you have been offended by this and think of your daughter and her
reputation.
Philip Edwards
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[q1]> For both the sakes of your daughter and the teacher involved I think you should be sighing with[/q1]
[q1]> relief that the school is acting so decisively in this matter.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Flattering though it might be to be the object of a childish crush, I[/q1]
don't
[q1]> think many professional teachers would be so delighted if they had to take the pupil on a school[/q1]
[q1]> trip abroad.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> StJohn[/q1]

Totally agree. I am certain that the school wouldn't have taken this action unless there were
serious grounds for concern. You need to take a long look at what is happening here.......The school
trip is a really minor point in this incident. There are far greater issues here. Phil
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (262)
33.98%
No (509)
66.02%

Watched Threads