The Student Room Group
Disco ball.
An inflatable palm tree :ninja:
A dart board

(Careful you don't throw darts at the tree though)
fairy lights, traffic cone, stolen signs, enormous display of empty bottles/cans?
Reply 4
So good ideas, im thinkin of maybe other techy things too, any other ideas??? :biggrin:
Reply 5
Stuffed animals.
Makes for interesting conversation, trust me.
Reply 6
Strippers.
Reply 7
BEANBAGS! If you don't mind people sitting in your room 24/7 lol
Reply 8
flyingtomato90
So good ideas, im thinkin of maybe other techy things too, any other ideas??? :biggrin:

52" Plasma? rediculously good sound system with subwoofer?
Reply 9
Already have a 5.1, and buying a TV I hope, not quite 52", lol.

Im thinking more random techy things.

I like the bean bag, I planned to get one of those, got a flashy alarm clock!!!

Any other ideas????

:biggrin:
Reply 10
Do you have money to burn?! You're a student remember!! I wouldn't go too flashy if I were you...
Its spare money i`ve saved up after a proper budget, just want something interesting and different really.
Reply 12
Lava lamps.
Just, lava lamps.
Reply 13
chidona
Lava lamps.
Just, lava lamps.

LOL they are so "I'm a kid from the 90s" :P
Reply 14
Eden09
LOL they are so "I'm a kid from the 90s" :P

*nods*
Oh, oh, just remembered - get a wall of hubcaps, like from Clarissa explains it all.
I don't have a lot of wall space in this years room so i made some of my own A4 posters. But one thing i have had every year (i have three now) that has always been a talking point is a photo board; a large picture frame filled with photos from the previous year. It's been fun making them and my housemates love seeing which pics of them i've chosen to use. Photos are really important to me and aside from my photo board i have quite a few of them in frames around my room. I also have large collection of soft toys that live on top of my wardrobe. I couldn't live with my radio, that my boyf bought me, if i was allowed it, i would have my mini fridge in here that i bought in first year for halls. I have treid my best to make it homely, the unsightly back of my bookshelf is covered with colourful fabric, the nasty chair is covered in a fleece blacket with a nice cushion and i have added the nice touch of some furniture brought from home, desk (although that was originally provided, i donated it to a housemate who felt the need to have two), desk chair and small chest of drawers. As for other wall decorations, i have a pink porcelain LED star, a calendar and rainbow corkscrew decoration hung from the ceiling.
I personally like dream catchers... and I would stick up some posters of bands I like.. and have fairy lights. :p:
Reply 17
I have to say most of the 'fun stuff' I took to uni (lava lamp, magnetic sculpture, womble I found in a skip) just gathered dust. (Or, in the case of the fairy lights, got blown up by my housemates!) I'm not saying don't have fun getting stuff for your room, but I wouldn't spend too much on it...
Reply 18
funny stick
Reply 19
One of may mates came back to uni after Easter... brought up an Xbox +3 controllers, a few games etc...

Forgot to bring up a TV ..... xD

get some stupidly good speakers with a sub woofer that makes the house shake... bass ftw

Latest

Trending

Trending