Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hiya
    has anyone heard from cambridge yet for medicine?
    some1 on here sed they had an interview but they haven't marked our BMAT tests yet!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0nnie)
    hiya
    has anyone heard from cambridge yet for medicine?
    some1 on here sed they had an interview but they haven't marked our BMAT tests yet!
    x

I've heard from them for Veterinary Medicine, if that counts. I thought Cambridge say that they don't base interview selection on the BMAT results (not sure that I 100% believe that though). What College is this for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyche)
    I've heard from them for Veterinary Medicine, if that counts. I thought Cambridge say that they don't base interview selection on the BMAT results (not sure that I 100% believe that though). What College is this for?
    st john's, which did u apply to?
    wow what did they say?
    oh, i thought bmat results had equal weighting as like ps and reference etc...did u do the bmat?
    x

ReputationRep:
    Connie, they finished marking the BMAT just a few days after we took the test! A couple of students at my school have heard about their interviews for medicine but I wouldn't worry about not hearing about yours yet, quite a few still haven't heard

Psyche you're right in that Cambridge don't use the BMAT to select people for interview, but they may talk about it at interview and use it to discriminate between applicants later on in the application process after interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Connie, they finished marking the BMAT just a few days after we took the test! A couple of students at my school have heard about their interviews for medicine but I wouldn't worry about not hearing about yours yet, quite a few still haven't heard

Psyche you're right in that Cambridge don't use the BMAT to select people for interview, but they may talk about it at interview and use it to discriminate between applicants later on in the application process after interviews.
    Wohoo, a discussion about my terrible results at an interview. My favourite. I was just typing about them marking the BMAT a few days after, lol, you stole my line. I've applied for Magdalene by the way C0nnie. I expect it's just St John's haven't sent out their interview information yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)

hey lucy!!

do u know if at oxford they use the bmat to pick people for interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)

hey lucy
    but it says on the bmat website that the unis won't get results til 25th of november! it lies! lol
    did u apply for med at cambridge?
    x

ReputationRep:
    hey lucy
    but it says on the bmat website that the unis won't get results til 25th of november! it lies! lol
    x
    I really don't know - one of the teachers at my school used to help interview medical students at UCL and went there for a "BMAT session" last week and by that time all the marks were finalised and UCL had access to them - not sure about oxbridge though? Maybe it's different? I wouldn't ask me to be honest

Nah I didn't apply to cambridge but quite a few students from my school did though

julia, Oxford will use the BMAT to select people (eek) 'as well as' other factors from your UCAS form e.g. past academic achievement. From the sounds of it though, the BMAT is the most important when choosing applicants for interviews :eek:

ReputationRep:
    hey lucy
    x
    Don't read so much! Then you can join simpleton land with me and just wait for the offers to roll on in(!) Good luck with your application by the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    I really don't know - one of the teachers at my school used to help interview medical students at UCL and went there for a "BMAT session" last week and by that time all the marks were finalised and UCL had access to them - not sure about oxbridge though? Maybe it's different? I wouldn't ask me to be honest

Nah I didn't apply to cambridge but quite a few students from my school did though

julia, Oxford will use the BMAT to select people (eek) 'as well as' other factors from your UCAS form e.g. past academic achievement. From the sounds of it though, the BMAT is the most important when choosing applicants for interviews :eek:
    ah rite, ahhh, i'm dreading the results, i know i've done sooo bad!
    did u apply to medicine? where did u apply?

ReputationRep:
    ah rite, ahhh, i'm dreading the results, i know i've done sooo bad!
    did u apply to medicine? where did u apply?
    I haven't met someone yet who is happy with their BMAT performance, so don't worry about it (easier said than done ) - plus you have your interview to redeem yourself btw st johns is supposed to be really really nice - one of my friends is applying there for med as well As for where I applied... Imperial, King's, Oxford & UCL - have yet to hear anything though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    I haven't met someone yet who is happy with their BMAT performance, so don't worry about it (easier said than done ) - plus you have your interview to redeem yourself btw st johns is supposed to be really really nice - one of my friends is applying there for med as well As for where I applied... Imperial, King's, Oxford & UCL - have yet to hear anything though!
    thanx, it makes me feel a little better bout bmat, evil evil paper!
    ooh i've applied to imperial and king's too! nd edinburgh, and yay another person who hasn't heard nething! every1 i know has got an interview sometime soon! it's sooo annoying, i can't do nething now but sit and wait! argh!
    x

ReputationRep:
    thanx, it makes me feel a little better bout bmat, evil evil paper!
    ooh i've applied to imperial and king's too! nd edinburgh, and yay another person who hasn't heard nething! every1 i know has got an interview sometime soon! it's sooo annoying, i can't do nething now but sit and wait! argh!
    x
    I know quite a few people who've received offers from king's - lucky bums oo edinburgh is supposed to be lovely, I was going to apply there (we would have had a snap ) but then I really don't like the cold (trivial reason I know ). Ah well, sit and wait and worry... I have loads of work to get on with though to keep me occupied...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    I know quite a few people who've received offers from king's - lucky bums oo edinburgh is supposed to be lovely, I was going to apply there (we would have had a snap ) but then I really don't like the cold (trivial reason I know ). Ah well, sit and wait and worry... I have loads of work to get on with though to keep me occupied...
    ooh, iii wannt an innterviewww!!!! or mayb at least an aknowledgment that i exist!!!!!
    yea edinburgh is sooo nice, lol, yea i'm thinkin now that i mite not cope there, i'm thinking is really kinda cold now, nd i'm as far south as u can go in the uk at the moment!
    yea work, nooo jan modules! it seems not long ago wen we did our summer exams! argh!! stupid exams!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, still early days and all Ugh @ january modules, too much work, so little time !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyche)
    Don't read so much! Then you can join simpleton land with me and just wait for the offers to roll on in(!) Good luck with your application by the way!
    woo hoo Magdalene. When is your interview, I may still be around.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone needs helpo to succeed at interviews. I have recently come across an excellent company called CV Perfection (see www.cvperfection.co.uk).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiseman)
    If anyone needs helpo to succeed at interviews. I have recently come across an excellent company called CV Perfection (see www.cvperfection.co.uk).
    Website looks a little unprofessional, and I don't think I'm alone in suspecting you have something to do with this firm.

ReputationRep:
    Equally as good are:
    www.interview-skills.co.uk
    and
    www.medical-interviews.co.uk

Wiseman

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.