This discussion is closed.
AnonStudent
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
After sixth form I'd really like to study at a Uni somewhere in Asia. Unfortunately I don't speak any asian languages. I was wondering if people could give me a few tips on this. Like will I have to take language lessons beforehand and countries which would be easier to live/study etc or advise me to give this idea up totally. Help is appreciated.
reoreo
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by AnonStudent)
After sixth form I'd really like to study at a Uni somewhere in Asia. Unfortunately I don't speak any asian languages. I was wondering if people could give me a few tips on this. Like will I have to take language lessons beforehand and countries which would be easier to live/study etc or advise me to give this idea up totally. Help is appreciated.
which country do you want to go? i am a chinese, i am pretty sure that chinese is a very hard language to learn. if you really want to, you definitely need some language lessons beforehand.
AnonStudent
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Preferably Japan but I would have thought it be more easier to study in places such as Hong Kong as a majority can speak english.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Dont the Chinese have a symbol to represent each individual thing?
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by AnonStudent)
Preferably Japan but I would have thought it be more easier to study in places such as Hong Kong as a majority can speak english.
Not sure that's true.

I think it was J.S. I was speaking to a while back, who is currently in Japan, and he was saying that the majority don't speak English (I think?).

If you're talking about studying over there- wont the lectures etc be conducted in Japanese? I don't think you'll learn too much with a minimal comprehension of the language.
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
Incidentally, nobody here speaks English, and they know absolutely nothing about the UK. It's so amazing, and questions all the arrogance we have of ourselves.
---

But then I suppose it depends where you are/what you're doing etc.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (64)
12.26%
Virtual campus tours/open days (124)
23.75%
Live streaming events (46)
8.81%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.96%
A uni comparison tool (121)
23.18%
An in-person event when available (115)
22.03%