Turn on thread page Beta

A-Levels - How much study are you doing a week (at home) watch

ReputationRep:
    How much study are you doing a week at home? (i.e. outside of lessons)

I am doing English Language and Government and Politics both in one year.

Normally I do a couple of hours per week per subject outside of class.

So far I am averaging a grade "B" in all work that I have handed in including mock exam questions.

ReputationRep:
    About half an hour a night, if that. I really should start doing more, but i find it so hard to get motivated. We got progress grades today though and i seem to be doing ok!
    Eng- B
    Geog- B
    Hist- B/A
    Psy- A

ReputationRep:
    Trying to study for at least two hours per day, minimum. I got 4 exams in Jan. Pure 1, stats 1, BUS5W and BUS6. So far only studying mostly for Business studies, lots of essays and lots of notes to riff through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Trying to study for at least two hours per day, minimum. I got 4 exams in Jan. Pure 1, stats 1, BUS5W and BUS6. So far only studying mostly for Business studies, lots of essays and lots of notes to riff through.
    2 hours minimum?! How can you work that much, i can never seem to do it. Have you got any motivation tips for me?

ReputationRep:
    i dont study enough outside college lol

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that after a hard day at school, you get home, do your work, and the day's gone? All over again the next day? It depresses me like anything. I cry for the youth of today.

ReputationRep:
    Study? What is this word "study" I hear of? :confused:

Seriously, I do as much studying as I think I need, which is anywhere from 20 mins to 2 hours. I'm predicted mostly A's for A-level, so it works for me.

ReputationRep:
    I usually do about 2 hours a night

ReputationRep:
    I dont do enough, most noghts i dont do any, im lucky if i manage 2 hours a week!!

ReputationRep:
    not a lot. relying one my brain power most of times to save my butt.

ReputationRep:
    I will be working all the time. most days up to five hours and I will most days go down the pub for drink.

ReputationRep:
    for the 2 years i was at college, i did practically nil study at home. did it all while i was at college, in the library/study centre

ReputationRep:
    can't say i really do any significant amount at home.

ReputationRep:
    It's the same with homework, ill either do it in the morning or at college, never in the evening when I'm back from college, I'm usually knackered. Revision, I'll start in December and start making good revision notes with about 1-1.5 hours per day. 2 weeks on Psy and 2 weeks on History and make notes on sticky pads and stick em all around my room, that way i can passively revise by glancing at stuff when im on the computer as well as active revision at night so it all gets taken in

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I barely do any work outside of lessons at all unless I have an essay or a project to do. Our sixth form tutors recommend 20 hours per week...we stifle laughs whenever this gets mentioned!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not really concerned about doing too much work now but I know that I'll be freaking out when its a few weeks before the exams! I don't think I work well unless I'm under pressure.

ReputationRep:
    hi any1 any revision tips on how to get motivated . i dont do much at all and as a result am getting grade D's

ReputationRep:
    My history teacher is permanently lecturing us about how we should be doing 6 hours homework a week, per subject. So that's 24 hours for 4 subjects, which is insane. I probably do about 2 hours per night, on average (+ free periods).

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do anything at home during term time, just in the library in my frees etc. At Christmas I did loads, about 5 hours a day (excluding a couple of days obviously) before exams in January. On study leave I did 3 hours a day for the first couple of weeks, then 8+ hours a day for the last 3 weeks and during my exams. Seemed to work.

ReputationRep:
    Due to retakes and A2 modules in Jan at the moment around 2-3 hours a night. Then a little bit more for revision.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.