Turn on thread page Beta

A-Levels - How much study are you doing a week (at home) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOAD)
    Due to retakes and A2 modules in Jan at the moment around 2-3 hours a night. Then a little bit more for revision.
    yeah im doin 3 modules in jan including 2 resits and to be honest ive not started revisin. How many weeks b4 exam would u say u should start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    yeah im doin 3 modules in jan including 2 resits and to be honest ive not started revisin. How many weeks b4 exam would u say u should start
    between 6-8. I'd start from December onwards. I'm really lucky, I've got 2 AS resits which need no real revision for them, 3 General studies (again, which require no real revision, just a good grasp of intellect which i have - i hope!) and two 2 hour exams for which i need to cram in stuff and i think i can manage to cover the whole syllabus in 3-4 weeks! yay.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe an hour a week, I can never be bothered doing any work after getting home from school

ReputationRep:
    I do pretty much nothing.

ReputationRep:
    for me it's hard to decide cause i am in year 10 and i am going 16 GCSE as well as A-level chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. sometimes i have to study up to three hours when i have test or mock exam, but most of the time i just try to finish all my homework and have rest before the next day come. i can't take too much for a long period(that will gem my brain up).
    Anyway in my opinon, try to do ur best in the lesson and have as much rest at home as u can!
    Good luke wit ur study!

ReputationRep:
    i do not maintain a routine but try to read something during my leisure and while watching tv or using the computer . it averages out like maximum 18 hours a week . but im trying harder to focus myself . i knew a girl wid thick specs on who had 11 o levels and got 11 a's and studied 18 hours a day .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOAD)
    Due to retakes and A2 modules in Jan at the moment around 2-3 hours a night. Then a little bit more for revision.

None….averaging a A in ict for courseworks so far tho. and a B/C in H&S. need to get working though. :rolleyes: I've been telling myself that for ages mind

ReputationRep:
    Talk about dragging up an old thread .

ReputationRep:
    Feck all.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: u lot are scarin me now an makin me feel relly bad! lol at most i do about 2 hours of homework a night then like 10mins revision which is really bad actually thinkin about it isnt it coz got ma first exam on 24th may :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louise_)
    :eek: u lot are scarin me now an makin me feel relly bad! lol at most i do about 2 hours of homework a night then like 10mins revision which is really bad actually thinkin about it isnt it coz got ma first exam on 24th may :eek:
    Naughty girl louise, i got pure on the 24th, revision not goin to good for me as well

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.