Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get creativity C.A.S hours??? watch

ReputationRep:
    Im an IB student and the end is coming near and i still need all the creativity hours. Does any one have any suggestions?
    I also need help on my TOK essay on different "cultures have different truths".....

I ask for help. thanks! aoh;oshgoa

ReputationRep:
    School newspaper, debating clubs, model united nations, talent shows, international nights, learn a langauge, teach an academic subject. The possibilites are endless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    School newspaper, debating clubs, model united nations, talent shows, international nights, learn a langauge, teach an academic subject. The possibilites are endless.
    learn a language, seriously? Well, my creativity points are from writing for the schoo's newspaper, being a member of the fine film and culinary society, founder of Berg Liberale (political forum) and some random stuff our school has organised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    learn a language, seriously? Well, my creativity points are from writing for the schoo's newspaper, being a member of the fine film and culinary society, founder of Berg Liberale (political forum) and some random stuff our school has organised.
    What's wrong with learning a language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    What's wrong with learning a language?
    Nothing is wrong with learning a language, but I didn't get CAS points for taking Spanish classes (outside of school)... Grrrr... I'll talk to my CAS coordinator.

it all depends on the CAS coordinator. it she/he is strick or not. because i'm doing gift wrapping for a hospital and that counts for both service and creativity... so maybe you can do some artsy stuff... is any of your hobbie part of creativity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hungernail)
    Im an IB student and the end is coming near and i still need all the creativity hours. Does any one have any suggestions?
    I also need help on my TOK essay on different "cultures have different truths".....

I ask for help. thanks! aoh;oshgoa
    Set up some kind of activity in your school... multicultural day, movie day, etc.... That'll get you creativity.

Service has been the easiest for me... I just sign up for cleanup crew and behind the scenes work whenever my school puts on a show. Plus I volunteer at a homeless shelter downtown. (I've got hours coming out of my ying-yang now!)

Action.... join a sports team or make a fitness plan and have someone who's legit be your supervisor. You'll get your hours in NO time!

You could also make a website, or something like that for your school... really, the possibilities are ENDLESS.

ReputationRep:
    'Different Cultures have different truths'

- Tis an essay on cultural relativism. James Rachels has written a reasonably good critique of the theory and its flaws. Lots of uni sites have summaries of it if you google the name and CR.
    - A few avenues to perhaps explore:
    - Do objective truths exist? The triumph of western science? The End of History?
    - Is there a benefit to a relativistic stance. ie. Stopping 'the ugly imperialism of any absolute'.
    - Do 'different' but equally valid truths make the concept of progress obselete.
    - Is CR itself a tenable position, or does it form a paradox
    - Can we ever truly hold a relativist position, or do we by neccessity impose our values on other cultures.

"Show me a cultural relativist at 30,000 ft and I'll show you a hypocrite"

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.