Does anyone have any ideas on how to get creativity C.A.S hours???

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Hungernail
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Im an IB student and the end is coming near and i still need all the creativity hours. Does any one have any suggestions?
I also need help on my TOK essay on different "cultures have different truths".....

I ask for help. thanks! aoh;oshgoa
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
School newspaper, debating clubs, model united nations, talent shows, international nights, learn a langauge, teach an academic subject. The possibilites are endless.
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
School newspaper, debating clubs, model united nations, talent shows, international nights, learn a langauge, teach an academic subject. The possibilites are endless.
learn a language, seriously? Well, my creativity points are from writing for the schoo's newspaper, being a member of the fine film and culinary society, founder of Berg Liberale (political forum) and some random stuff our school has organised.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
learn a language, seriously? Well, my creativity points are from writing for the schoo's newspaper, being a member of the fine film and culinary society, founder of Berg Liberale (political forum) and some random stuff our school has organised.
What's wrong with learning a language?
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
What's wrong with learning a language?
Nothing is wrong with learning a language, but I didn't get CAS points for taking Spanish classes (outside of school)... Grrrr... I'll talk to my CAS coordinator.
mystica_wonders
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
it all depends on the CAS coordinator. it she/he is strick or not. because i'm doing gift wrapping for a hospital and that counts for both service and creativity... so maybe you can do some artsy stuff... is any of your hobbie part of creativity?
Braynless
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Hungernail)
Im an IB student and the end is coming near and i still need all the creativity hours. Does any one have any suggestions?
I also need help on my TOK essay on different "cultures have different truths".....

I ask for help. thanks! aoh;oshgoa
Set up some kind of activity in your school... multicultural day, movie day, etc.... That'll get you creativity.

Service has been the easiest for me... I just sign up for cleanup crew and behind the scenes work whenever my school puts on a show. Plus I volunteer at a homeless shelter downtown. (I've got hours coming out of my ying-yang now!)

Action.... join a sports team or make a fitness plan and have someone who's legit be your supervisor. You'll get your hours in NO time!

You could also make a website, or something like that for your school... really, the possibilities are ENDLESS.
Hmmm
Report 16 years ago
'Different Cultures have different truths'

- Tis an essay on cultural relativism. James Rachels has written a reasonably good critique of the theory and its flaws. Lots of uni sites have summaries of it if you google the name and CR.
- A few avenues to perhaps explore:
- Do objective truths exist? The triumph of western science? The End of History?
- Is there a benefit to a relativistic stance. ie. Stopping 'the ugly imperialism of any absolute'.
- Do 'different' but equally valid truths make the concept of progress obselete.
- Is CR itself a tenable position, or does it form a paradox
- Can we ever truly hold a relativist position, or do we by neccessity impose our values on other cultures.

"Show me a cultural relativist at 30,000 ft and I'll show you a hypocrite"
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (141)
46.23%
Take exams next summer (46)
15.08%
Change uni choice through clearing (73)
23.93%
Apply to uni next year instead (31)
10.16%
I'm not applying to university (14)
4.59%

Watched Threads