Does anyone read, and like Philip Roth?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
kebab22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
He's my favourite contemporary author. Anyone share my views?

Is this gonna be another dead thread?
Rotten
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kebab22)

Sorry never read any of his work.
Sophies World
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kebab22)

What do you mean by "another" dead thread?????
Dont take it personally, if it is numbers you want you need to consider the demographics of the audience and start posting things on Harry Potter and being ugly.
harry potter the ultimate discussion has had 45,087 people view it.
being ugly has had 4149 people view it

Anyway, Philip Roth is an amazing author I cant say he is my favourite author but many of his books are among my favourites.

What are your favourite works???

I would have to narrow it down to The Breast, The Human Stain, and I Married a Communist. But when it comes down to it you cant go wrong with any of his works really.

What other authors do you like?????
pedy1986
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sophies World)
Dont take it personally, if it is numbers you want you need to consider the demographics of the audience and start posting things on Harry Potter and being ugly.

Anyway, Philip Roth is an amazing author I cant say he is my favourite author but many of his books are among my favourites.

I would have to narrow it down to The Breast, The Human Stain, and I Married a Communist. But when it comes down to it you cant go wrong with any of his works really.

I think you subtly implied that anyone who viewed those threads must be stupid/uneducated. Says 'sophies world' *laughs*
kebab22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Sophies World)

I loved all of Roth's novels I have read I loved the Dying Animal as a beautifully rounded novella. I loved Portnoy's Complaint for all its energy and twisted anxt. The honesty and humanity that comes across in his novels despite their often angry, obbsessed and self-loathing protagonists is in my opinion unparalleled.

I don't get as much time to read as I would like but other novel I enjoyed reading recently was The True History of The Kelly Gang by Peter Carey which I thought was an amazingly creative novel. Peter Carey is another author I'd like to read more of.

Got any good recommendations for another Philip Roth reader? Going travelling in a few weeks need loadsa books.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Wind in the Willows
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (2)
7.41%
Virtual campus tours/open days (5)
18.52%
Live streaming events (1)
3.7%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (2)
7.41%
A uni comparison tool (8)
29.63%
An in-person event when available (9)
33.33%