Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    He's my favourite contemporary author. Anyone share my views?

Is this gonna be another dead thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kebab22)

Sorry never read any of his work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kebab22)

What do you mean by "another" dead thread?????
    Dont take it personally, if it is numbers you want you need to consider the demographics of the audience and start posting things on Harry Potter and being ugly.
    harry potter the ultimate discussion has had 45,087 people view it.
    being ugly has had 4149 people view it

Anyway, Philip Roth is an amazing author I cant say he is my favourite author but many of his books are among my favourites.

What are your favourite works???

I would have to narrow it down to The Breast, The Human Stain, and I Married a Communist. But when it comes down to it you cant go wrong with any of his works really.

What other authors do you like?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophies World)
    Dont take it personally, if it is numbers you want you need to consider the demographics of the audience and start posting things on Harry Potter and being ugly.

Anyway, Philip Roth is an amazing author I cant say he is my favourite author but many of his books are among my favourites.

I would have to narrow it down to The Breast, The Human Stain, and I Married a Communist. But when it comes down to it you cant go wrong with any of his works really.

I think you subtly implied that anyone who viewed those threads must be stupid/uneducated. Says 'sophies world' *laughs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophies World)

I loved all of Roth's novels I have read I loved the Dying Animal as a beautifully rounded novella. I loved Portnoy's Complaint for all its energy and twisted anxt. The honesty and humanity that comes across in his novels despite their often angry, obbsessed and self-loathing protagonists is in my opinion unparalleled.

I don't get as much time to read as I would like but other novel I enjoyed reading recently was The True History of The Kelly Gang by Peter Carey which I thought was an amazingly creative novel. Peter Carey is another author I'd like to read more of.

Got any good recommendations for another Philip Roth reader? Going travelling in a few weeks need loadsa books.

ReputationRep:
    Wind in the Willows

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.