Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good morning, how is everyone today????
    i am in abit of a pickle i have to do my biology homework - its on molecules (water and carbohydrates) and i dont have a clue?!?!?!?

does anyone know the answer to this: Give examples of hydrogen bond formation contributing to the structure of molecules.

thank u xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_cutie44)
    i am in abit of a pickle i have to do my biology homework - its on molecules (water and carbohydrates) and i dont have a clue?!?!?!?

does anyone know the answer to this: Give examples of hydrogen bond fromation contributing to the structure of molecules.

thank u xxx
    covalent? dont know it helps, but i am not very clever my friend helped me helloo lucy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_cutie44)

does anyone know the answer to this: Give examples of hydrogen bond fromation contributing to the structure of molecules.

thank u xxx
    Hydrogen bonds -
    -Base paring in DNA (although it isn't resonsible for the double-helix shape, it stabilises it)
    -Stabilises secondary and tertiary protein structure
    -Occurs in water - which has important implications in biology

Ben

ReputationRep:
    i am v clever but i dnt cnt read yet and bio iz a bit hard wen u need help wit sex ed come see me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajs)
    i am v clever but i dnt cnt read yet and bio iz a bit hard wen u need help wit sex ed come see me
    ok ajs

ReputationRep:
    It kind of turns water into a macromolecue (although it is definitely not) and the H-bonding enables it to exert adhesive and cohesive forces (these enable plants to transport water in the xylem). There is other stuff as well...

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    It kind of turns water into a macromolecue (although it is definitely not) and the H-bonding enables it to exert adhesive and cohesive forces (these enable plants to transport water in the xylem). There is other stuff as well...

Ben
    alrite, thank u xxx

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.