This discussion is closed.
crazy_cutie44
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Good morning, how is everyone today????
i am in abit of a pickle i have to do my biology homework - its on molecules (water and carbohydrates) and i dont have a clue?!?!?!?

does anyone know the answer to this: Give examples of hydrogen bond formation contributing to the structure of molecules.

thank u xxx
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by crazy_cutie44)
i am in abit of a pickle i have to do my biology homework - its on molecules (water and carbohydrates) and i dont have a clue?!?!?!?

does anyone know the answer to this: Give examples of hydrogen bond fromation contributing to the structure of molecules.

thank u xxx
covalent? dont know it helps, but i am not very clever my friend helped me helloo lucy
Ben.S.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by crazy_cutie44)

does anyone know the answer to this: Give examples of hydrogen bond fromation contributing to the structure of molecules.

thank u xxx
Hydrogen bonds -
-Base paring in DNA (although it isn't resonsible for the double-helix shape, it stabilises it)
-Stabilises secondary and tertiary protein structure
-Occurs in water - which has important implications in biology

Ben
ajs
Report 17 years ago
i am v clever but i dnt cnt read yet and bio iz a bit hard wen u need help wit sex ed come see me
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ajs)
i am v clever but i dnt cnt read yet and bio iz a bit hard wen u need help wit sex ed come see me
ok ajs
Ben.S.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
It kind of turns water into a macromolecue (although it is definitely not) and the H-bonding enables it to exert adhesive and cohesive forces (these enable plants to transport water in the xylem). There is other stuff as well...

Ben
crazy_cutie44
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Ben.S.)
It kind of turns water into a macromolecue (although it is definitely not) and the H-bonding enables it to exert adhesive and cohesive forces (these enable plants to transport water in the xylem). There is other stuff as well...

Ben
alrite, thank u xxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.27%
Live streaming events (51)
8.72%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.4%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (130)
22.22%