This discussion is closed.
Dawn
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Jo L writes
[q1]>Yr 7 Progress test anyone know when these are due back? The exams officer doesn't know![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Dispatched from tomorrow, I believe.
--
dawn
Jo L
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"dawn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Jo L writes[/q1]
[q2]> >Yr 7 Progress test anyone know when these are due back? The exams officer doesn't know![/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]> Dispatched from tomorrow, I believe.[/q1]
[q1]> --[/q1]
[q1]> dawn[/q1]

Thanks )

Jo
Jacquie Long
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Got our Maths and English today and very good results too for our kids!!!
--
Jacquie Long
Peter Davison
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:27:19 +0100, Jacquie Long <[email protected]> wrote:

[q2]>>[/q2]
[q1]>Got our Maths and English today and very good results too for our kids!!![/q1]
[q1]>--[/q1]
[q1]>Jacquie Long[/q1]

Ditto...have others got higher scores than expected? Will make a mess of Teacher Assessment levels!!
Will be accused of inaccurate assessment procedures!

Can't win...

Peter
Head Of Toast
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Peter Davison" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:27:19 +0100, Jacquie Long <[email protected]> wrote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >>[/q2]
[q2]> >Got our Maths and English today and very good results too for our kids!!![/q2]
[q2]> >--[/q2]
[q2]> >Jacquie Long[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Ditto...have others got higher scores than expected? Will make a mess of Teacher Assessment[/q1]
[q1]> levels!! Will be accused of inaccurate assessment procedures![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

Have only got Science and English so far, but knowing the children as I do, they are a lot, lot
higher than expected, as the cohort wasn't particularly strong IMO.

Waiting for the Maths with baited breath...

Toast.
Slieber24
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
In article <[email protected] >, Jacquie Long <[email protected]> writes:

[q1]>Got our Maths and English today and very good results too for our kids!!![/q1]

Got all of ours today. Superb in science (which was a criticism in OFSTED, even though we were over
national average in that subject), good in math, so-so in English. The writing scores were better
than ever, but the writing was really easy compared with last year, while the reading seemed harder.

----------------------------------------------------
Sandi

Remove NoSpam to reply.
Sarah
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Maths and science in today- unbelievably high, particularly the amount of dubious L5s. Score was
about 94% for both.

--
Sarah
Jo L
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Jo L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> "dawn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > Jo L writes[/q2]
[q3]> > >Yr 7 Progress test anyone know when these are due back? The exams officer doesn't know![/q3]

We got the Progress Test results back yesterday - managed to achieve 4 level 4s, so we aren't going
to do them next year! But what really bothers me is how children with very poor reading ages managed
to get Level 3s in KS2 when they got N's on the progress test - the only conclusion we can reach atm
is that they were given an unacceptable amount of reading/interpretation help on the KS2 SATs - as
they had 'readers' for the progress test, but not allowed to be given 'help' or interpretation of
the questions. Any thoughts/views? (BTW their reading ages have improved in the last year too!)

Jo
Jo L
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Peter Davison" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:27:19 +0100, Jacquie Long <[email protected]> wrote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >>[/q2]
[q2]> >Got our Maths and English today and very good results too for our kids!!![/q2]
[q2]> >--[/q2]
[q2]> >Jacquie Long[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Ditto...have others got higher scores than expected? Will make a mess of Teacher Assessment[/q1]
[q1]> levels!! Will be accused of inaccurate assessment procedures![/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Can't win...[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Peter[/q1]

We filled in Teacher Assessments after we got back our SAT results - is this normal? (am a NQT and
always thought that schools did them before the exams!

Jo
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.4%
No (595)
65.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed