Turn on thread page Beta

why plz tell me!?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    y do blondes and essex girls get sterotyped more than actually thick, slutty ppl

everywere ya go all the jokes seem to be put on blondes and essex gals n it's all ways about being thick or slutty wat iz da deal??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajs)
    y do blondes and essex girls get sterotyped more than actually thick, slutty ppl

everywere ya go all the jokes seem to be put on blondes and essex gals n it's all ways about being thick or slutty wat iz da deal??
    um.................

ReputationRep:
    ummmmmm......... wat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajs)
    ummmmmm......... wat
    no i wont say what i thought of saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love_4_ducks)
    no i wont say what i thought of saying
    jus say it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajs)
    jus say it!!
    cos they are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love_4_ducks)
    cos they are
    well i tink it iz bang outta order

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajs)
    Then why choose a signiature that says 'I'm from Essex. Enough said.'? And why insist on spelling everything in text speak...?

Type properly and people might take you more seriously...

ReputationRep:
    Soz - i gotta disagree on both counts.

One - I didn't know Essex was stereotyped. It varies from county to county which city has the attributed 'dumb sluts' sterotype. In Derby its Nottingham, and I'm pretty sure in Nottingham its Derby.

:P

Personally - I try to ignore sterotypes. If someone acts like a sterotype, their problem. Otherwise, I try my best to treat everyone as a new person I haven't met and no nothing about

Second count - How you write has nothing to do with the respect you have.

Granted writing in t3h l33t 5p33k all the time and shrtnng wrds 2 nt hv vwls is a touch annoying, but normally, provided its legible, how you write isn't what counts.

It's what you write that matters.

My 2pence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .NK)
    Then why choose a signiature that says 'I'm from Essex. Enough said.'? And why insist on spelling everything in text speak...?

Type properly and people might take you more seriously...
    wat u chattin bout it dnt matta how i write!! thats gt nuffin 2 do wit it!! n i didn't choose ma signiture!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XmAkInA)
    Soz - i gotta disagree on both counts.

One - I didn't know Essex was stereotyped. It varies from county to county which city has the attributed 'dumb sluts' sterotype. In Derby its Nottingham, and I'm pretty sure in Nottingham its Derby.

:P

Personally - I try to ignore sterotypes. If someone acts like a sterotype, their problem. Otherwise, I try my best to treat everyone as a new person I haven't met and no nothing about

Second count - How you write has nothing to do with the respect you have.

Granted writing in t3h l33t 5p33k all the time and shrtnng wrds 2 nt hv vwls is a touch annoying, but normally, provided its legible, how you write isn't what counts.

It's what you write that matters.

but it is hard to ignore and everyone sterotypes someoen at a point by saying
    o look they are a cool or a greb or a geek
    My 2pence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XmAkInA)
    It varies from county to county which city has the attributed 'dumb sluts' sterotype. In Derby its Nottingham, and I'm pretty sure in Nottingham its Derby.
    Definately Derby in Nottingham, you just have to listen to 96 Trent FM in a morning to get that feeling.

Though they are famed for other, more agricultural activities... why else would the city council logo be a ram !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajs)
    why is it bang out of order. i know loads of girls who say "i'm such a blonde" and laughed about it. (one of them in pericaulay achully asked half way through a computer course "how do u turn the computer on").

ReputationRep:
    I don't think blondes get that stereotyped actually. i'm blonde, (bottle, shhh!) and am certainly not thought of as stupid or dumb. It's these women who write into newspapers complaining about the blonde jokes they publish who get me. it's a joke! deal with it! if it bothers you that much die your hair! People make jokes about Tony Blair all the time and you don't see him saying, "oh, people always make fun of me...!" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    my frinds always say that i'm the blondest perso they know and i'm a brunette. Its a joke deal with it. Its not meant offensively but is just another name for when you're being a touch dizzy.

ReputationRep:
    Love_4_ducks -

Whats with the quote?

ReputationRep:
    Huh, Essex is stereotyped? For what? These people have probably never met a true Essexian such as myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajs)
    wat u chattin bout it dnt matta how i write!! thats gt nuffin 2 do wit it!! n i didn't choose ma signiture!!
    If you didn't choose it who did? It's not like they are automatically assigned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajs)

well av ya noticed that most girls are copying each other to try and get more popular by dying there hair blond. its ok naturally blond but i think there are too many girls wiv fake blond hair and they all look da same. so if ppl are stupid enough to copy evry1 else then there goin ta get stereotyped as bein stupid.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.