what to do if u get rejected..

Watch
This discussion is closed.
FunkyTeenAngel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
n e suggestions on what to do if u get rejected to all 4 medical schools but get places for biomedical sciences?
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by FunkyTeenAngel)
n e suggestions on what to do if u get rejected to all 4 medical schools but get places for biomedical sciences?
take a year off and reapply?
do the biomed course then a conversion course to medicine?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by edders)
take a year off and reapply?
do the biomed course then a conversion course to medicine?
And if you do reapply try one of the newer less competetive schools - like peninsular (devon/cornwall), warwick, durham etc etc...there is a huge list of them somewhere.
md55
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
funkyteen: i think i'm also going to be in a similar situation. 3 rejections so far, it's not looking very promising. I don't know whether to do pharmacy, which I have an unconditional for but am not that keen on, or to do a gap year. Im not that keen on a gap year either. You could do a gap, get a job and some money, whilst doing something worthwhile. Spending a year volunteering will look very good on your ucas form for reapplying in august. Or you could have have a rethink and apply for something else. Good luck! xx
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by FunkyTeenAngel)
That's exactly what i'm facing
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by zazy)
That's exactly what i'm facing
i'm left with one place 2 hear from which it's too late and i've got an offer for pharmacy and genetics :mad:
ThunderCat8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If being a doctor is what you really want to be, then take a gap year and apply again next year. I have had 4 rejections this year, so I am going to have a gap year, work abroad, get some more medical experience and make some cash before going to uni in 2005. I hope that by having a gap year and becoming more mature, the universities will want to interview me.

Good luck with everything guys. Remember, every cloud has a silver lining. I am really looking forward to having a gap year now. I am so tired of doing exam after exam and I know that at university will be the same. Lots of hard work and lots of exams. So having a year off will allow me to relax a bit and prepare me for the mental onslaught of medical school!
md55
Report 16 years ago
Thundercat makes some good points. If you have the grades, as most candidates do, then they're looking for commitment and the right personality. If medicine is what you want to do then a constructive gap year aimed at medicine must mean you are pretty committed. It's a hard decision to make but if you really want it then you have a whole year to do what you can to get it. xx
SHANDY
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Dude this thread is bloody old and done over.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (64)
51.61%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8.06%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.29%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
26.61%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.42%

Watched Threads