Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    n e suggestions on what to do if u get rejected to all 4 medical schools but get places for biomedical sciences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkyTeenAngel)
    n e suggestions on what to do if u get rejected to all 4 medical schools but get places for biomedical sciences?
    take a year off and reapply?
    do the biomed course then a conversion course to medicine?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by edders)
    take a year off and reapply?
    do the biomed course then a conversion course to medicine?
    And if you do reapply try one of the newer less competetive schools - like peninsular (devon/cornwall), warwick, durham etc etc...there is a huge list of them somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    funkyteen: i think i'm also going to be in a similar situation. 3 rejections so far, it's not looking very promising. I don't know whether to do pharmacy, which I have an unconditional for but am not that keen on, or to do a gap year. Im not that keen on a gap year either. You could do a gap, get a job and some money, whilst doing something worthwhile. Spending a year volunteering will look very good on your ucas form for reapplying in august. Or you could have have a rethink and apply for something else. Good luck! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkyTeenAngel)
    That's exactly what i'm facing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    That's exactly what i'm facing
    i'm left with one place 2 hear from which it's too late and i've got an offer for pharmacy and genetics :mad:

ReputationRep:
    If being a doctor is what you really want to be, then take a gap year and apply again next year. I have had 4 rejections this year, so I am going to have a gap year, work abroad, get some more medical experience and make some cash before going to uni in 2005. I hope that by having a gap year and becoming more mature, the universities will want to interview me.

Good luck with everything guys. Remember, every cloud has a silver lining. I am really looking forward to having a gap year now. I am so tired of doing exam after exam and I know that at university will be the same. Lots of hard work and lots of exams. So having a year off will allow me to relax a bit and prepare me for the mental onslaught of medical school!

ReputationRep:
    Thundercat makes some good points. If you have the grades, as most candidates do, then they're looking for commitment and the right personality. If medicine is what you want to do then a constructive gap year aimed at medicine must mean you are pretty committed. It's a hard decision to make but if you really want it then you have a whole year to do what you can to get it. xx

ReputationRep:
    Dude this thread is bloody old and done over.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.