Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Sick To Death Of.................... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brasil85)
    I know but do you. Getting money from you is great fun. My family made lots of money from the working class, my family have own hotels, nightclubs lots of different things. You just working class so keep out. I am at one the best schools in the country. I like working class people most of the time. My best mate is working class.
    You're "at one the best schools in the country" and yet you write "my family have own hotels".

Please tell me you're joking.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think he was being serious, i think he was joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brasil85)
    Cambridge is the best University in the world. How dare you just beacuse you are stupid and can't get into cambridge. I should be going to cambridge soon so up yours. You must be working class.
    Surely a wind up. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    harsh but true. When there is a red light in scumdee you don't stop in case you catch some kind of deadly infection from the druggies
    lol, I thought you were going to say something along the lines of carjacking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muncrun)
    Surely a wind up. :rolleyes:
    Never said what it is best for. If I had a choice between them and Oxford for law I know full well which one I'd choose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Never said what it is best for. If I had a choice between them and Oxford for law I know full well which one I'd choose
    Wow, I'm in awe of your sig, not that it stands out or anything, well at least it's something outta the blue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    all i hear is cambridge this cambridge that will you all SHUTUP about cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge cambridge and more cambridge
    WHAT THINGS DO YOU FIND ABSOLUTETLY IRRATATING?
    people typing the same word over and over. I find it irritating and it looks childish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Wow, I'm in awe of your sig, not that it stands out or anything, well at least it's something outta the blue.
    A cat I saw not so long ago reminds me of the Thompson Directory advert on TV

Law is my life and blue is the colour of my blood

ReputationRep:
    There's also my uncles friend who dropped out of Cambridge during his first year due to the lack of normal social life (the ones he was use to in normal school) and also general pressure. He's now a happy and rich engineer after he went to one of the London Universities (can't remember which one).
    Smart kids go to Oxbridge
    Smart, cool kids go to London :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge is a gd uni, as is oxford. But remember that even though these unis rank high each year a lot of it comes from reputation.

If u go to either average joe bloggs will go 'oooooo'. for ages they were the only unis, so it makes sense that they were accociated with excellence. But does it push the buttons within your academic field?

Ive done work experience with Imperial and my mother used to work there. the general feeling from academic staff is that they dont see oxbridge graduates as the cream. For physics they prefer Durham students, for chem and engineering they prefer Uni of London.

Getting into uni is a bit like the GCSE's. They seem dead important at the time, but essentially the degree you get at the end is more important.

Remember if u dont get into ur uni, its likely only to be judged by an interview after AS. Therefore they cant get the best everytime, or they wouldnt get drop-outs. Plus the best of manchester, liverpool, durham etc is going to better than minimum 70% of the students at oxbridge. Its not the elite! Its the same in grammars. Although on average they do better, they will have weaker students, where students who failed to get in our better.

Perhaps its time to get UK wide exams, to see who are the best. At the end of the day u cant compare an Oxford 1st to a York 1st, as they are completely different.

Good luck in wateva ur uni, i wish u success!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.