Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brasil85)
    No i did not. I have rich friends and poor friends. You see I am very happy and I know I will also have a job. I have a girlfriend that great fun to be. she went to private school. She going Durham.
    Ok, whatever MR Scooge.

ReputationRep:
    I go to a good school so that makes me better than you.
    No, it really doesn't. It just means that your parents can pay for you to be educated at a good school. There are plenty of good non-fee-paying schools around, and the people there aren't any worse than the people at public school. In fact, I'm sure a lot of them are better, because they have a more normal outlook on life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    In fact, I'm sure a lot of them are better, because they have a more normal outlook on life.
    Yes, I think going to a private school distorts your view of reality somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    Do you wish that you could have everything that I have. I bet you would you working GIT

ReputationRep:
    I go to a good school so that makes me better than you.
    I GO WENT TO 12 NORMAL STATE SCHOOL MEET A WIDER RANGE OF PEOPLE THAN YOULL EVER MEET LEARNT FROM MANY DIFFERENT CURICULUMS DOES THAT MAKE ME SUPPERIOR.NO IT DOES NOT.YOU MAKE THE BEST OF WHATS GIVEN TO YOU WHY DO I NEED PRIVATE EDUCATION

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    I GO WENT TO 12 NORMAL STATE SCHOOL MEET A WIDER RANGE OF PEOPLE THAN YOULL EVER MEET LEARNT FROM MANY DIFFERENT CURICULUMS DOES THAT MAKE ME SUPPERIOR.NO IT DOES NOT.YOU MAKE THE BEST OF WHATS GIVEN TO YOU WHY DO I NEED PRIVATE EDUCATION
    Do you have to write in capitals? It makes talking to you a bit difficult if you look like you're shouting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Yes, I think going to a private school distorts your view of reality somewhat.
    Yep - I went to one and I can quite freely agree with that! Brasil - having money isn't everything. And there's nothing wrong with being working class, it's not even an insult. You don't even know that Tigtig is.

ReputationRep:
    I like working class people you find some very clever people. Like my friend is working and clever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keithy)
    i applied to homerton college, guess where that is
    Hackney!

ReputationRep:
    what school did you go. Tell me.
    OH LET ME SEE LET ME DRAW YOU UP A LIST:
    WELL LIVED IN PLYMOUTH DAD WAS IN THE NAVY OH HOW MIDDLE CLASSED BUT VERY RESPECTABLE IS YOUR BUISNESSES AS RESPECTABLE NO I THINK NOT.
    I WENT: GLEN PARK SCHOOL
    CHADDLEWICH SCHOOL
    MARY DEANS CATHOLIC SCHOOL
    WIDEWELL SCHOOL
    SIR JOHN HUNT COMMUNITY COLLEGE
    CONEY GREEN HIGH SCHOOL
    STANFORD HIGH SCHOOL
    DERBY SCIENCE AND ART COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL
    HA WANT MORE?I CANT REMEMBER

ReputationRep:
    My father was in the army so up yours. And he was working class mother the rich one ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Yep - I went to one and I can quite freely agree with that! Brasil - having money isn't everything. And there's nothing wrong with being working class, it's not even an insult. You don't even know that Tigtig is.
    HA I'AM MIDDLE CLASS NO BIGGY

ReputationRep:
    In Plymouth?

ReputationRep:
    OH LET ME SEE LET ME DRAW YOU UP A LIST:
    WELL LIVED IN PLYMOUTH DAD WAS IN THE NAVY OH HOW MIDDLE CLASSED BUT VERY RESPECTABLE IS YOUR BUISNESSES AS RESPECTABLE NO I THINK NOT.
    I WENT: GLEN PARK SCHOOL
    CHADDLEWICH SCHOOL
    MARY DEANS CATHOLIC SCHOOL
    WIDEWELL SCHOOL
    CONEY GREEN HIGH SCHOOL
    STANFORD HIGH SCHOOL
    DERBY SCIENCE AND ART COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL
    HA WANT MORE?I CANT REMEMBER
    why so many skuls

ReputationRep:
    I thought that nowadays people who have money are discriminated against negatively when it comes to getting into places like Cambridge - possibly a move to try to lessen Cambridge's image of being elitest. Oxbridge places are given to the ethnic minorities and people from divorced and low-earning families more now so having everything isn't always going to be good. Besides, I'm sure the last thing Cambridge is looking for is a student who is quite clearly arrogant - or someone who feels it neccessary to post offensive messages just to provoke a reaction.

ReputationRep:
    My father was in the army so up yours. And he was working class mother the rich one ok.
    ok take deep breathes...itll be ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    In Plymouth?
    How stupid of me... I just read the 'in Plymouth' part of your post. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You not very clever, can't mother or father put ina good school like me. Huh

ReputationRep:
    You not very clever, can't mother or father put ina good school like me. Huh
    And you say you went to a good school? Do they teach the finer points of English Grammar there? (A low blow...but I hate people who try to be controversial!!)

ReputationRep:
    We shouldn't divide people up into classes.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.