ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    FIRSTLY: I'AM DYSLEXIC
    SECOND:READ MY ARGUMENT
    THIRDLY: REALLY IF I WANTED TO GO I WOULD JUST DONT WANT TO
    FORTH: WATCH AND LEARN?I'D RATHER READ AND LEARN
    FIFTH: I WANT TO BE A FORENSIC SCIENTIST CAMBRIGE DOES NOT DO THIS
    Cambridge does not do what!?!?
    If you turn up with a forensic science degree, hoping to be a forensic scientist, you're going to be laughed at. Of course you can go into forensic science from Cambridge.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    My girlfiend is very nice, yes I would she the best one could have. Do YOU know Latin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brasil85)
    I got 8A and three b at gcse level, i also did A level Re I got a B for that. I also did A Level Classical Civilisation and got very good mark. Oh yes my father left the army when I was one. You see I am clever. Did you do History GCSE one year before the rest of you class well?
    Are you English?

Im sure an overseas application to Cambridge will have the same chance as UK one will, but 8A and 3B isnt actually very impressive at all. There are people on this board with 10A*s t GCSE. Anyway, GCSEs dont count for hardly anything once youve sat your AS Levels. I suppose you got AAAAA for those then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Why do so many people use that as an excuse? I don't think it's a severe disability which hinders you from being sensible.
    It can impair your ability to learn, but it doesn't destroy a good personality lol

ReputationRep:
    I got A grade for A Level Classical Civilisation and should get A for A levels. I have also have an A*history, sorry not a A grade.

ReputationRep:
    Yes A in all. apart from RE I got A,B,C

ReputationRep:
    My girlfiend is very nice, yes I would she the best one could have. Do know Latin
    Im sorry but you sound VERY arrogant and (as your Bio says 'History and Politics are 'to' easy) totaly not the kind of person cambridge would want. What is your third and fourth A Level in?

And btw, having an interest in 'shooting' makes working class kids like me think of you very differently. Don't say it when meeting new people lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :P:P:P:P:P)
    Have you actually been diagnosed dyslexic? Or do you just say that to cover up your appaling spelling mistakes (such as 'forth'). By saying 'really if i wanted to go I would just dont want to' is very arrogant ... do you have AAA at AS Level and are predicted to do the same at A2. If not, then I doubt you'd even get an interview!
    Why would i bother I'm predicted AAB not bad for me I'm doing AS so I could improve it. Yes I'am reading dyslexic some times i slip up on words hey I've improved though.You'de doubt I'd get an interview So.Anyone can achieve the impossible if they tried.I just want to try hard somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    Yes A in all. apart from RE I got A,B,C
    Three grades for A Level RE?

ReputationRep:
    Why would i bother I'm predicted AAB not bad for me I'm doing AS so I could improve it. Yes I'am reading dyslexic some times i slip up on words hey I've improved though.You'de doubt I'd get an interview So.Anyone can achieve the impossible if they tried.I just want to try hard somewhere else.
    That is a typical 'denial' post.

ReputationRep:
    It can impair your ability to learn, but it doesn't destroy a good personality lol
    Which our tigtig has bagloads of

ReputationRep:
    Totally, and modesty too

ReputationRep:
    Three grades for A Level RE?
    Different papers, all the marks go towards one grade. History, RE, Classical Civilisation and Politics you see 4 A levels

ReputationRep:
    Why do so many people use that as an excuse? I don't think it's a severe disability which hinders you from being sensible.
    Hey I'am. disability? I'm gettin AAB so far Einstien was dyslexic>

ReputationRep:
    in a away i am dyslexic ok only in grammer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    Cambridge does not do what!?!?
    If you turn up with a forensic science degree, hoping to be a forensic scientist, you're going to be laughed at. Of course you can go into forensic science from Cambridge.

Ben
    but however cambridge is not the right place to study it.

ReputationRep:
    First of all Brasil- There are plenty of people on this board that are extremely intelligent and have better grades at GCSE than you, but dont boast about it.
    Secondly-If your school was so wonderful and exclusive because you arent working class then shouldnt you have better results if you are incredibly intelligent?
    I have better results than you and I went to a scummy comprehensive.
    Thirdly - GCSEs count for nothing once you are at uni.
    Fourthly - At a Cambridge interview you would probably have to explain why you got the results that you did for GCSE because most people who get into Cambridge has straight As and A*s. Being arrogant around here wont get you far there are plenty of people with better qualifications than you who arent arrogant with it.

TigTig- Please turn the caps lock off it is annoying
    I am dyslexic so I sympathise but it shouldnt effect the strength of your argument which is pretty slim.
    It is arrogant to assume that you could go to Cambridge if you wanted to, it is darned hard work and people with straight As get turned down.
    Also if you dont like the cambridge threads dont read them that is my advice.

ReputationRep:
    I don't kill. That something which i feel very strong about

ReputationRep:
    Well thank you.

ReputationRep:
    but however cambridge is not the right place to study it.
    You don't like it? Why not?

Ben

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.