Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    if we hadn't gone to war and something bad happened I'm sure that group of would be protesters would be complaining that the government should have acted....Can't keep anybody happy can we?
    Er.. no because the protesters gave a clear message to the government BEFORE the war saying that they were against it.. so in that hypothetical situation they wouldn't have suddenly changed there minds..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    That term reminds me of Ali G.
    AOL is gay, if you type to fast it misses out letters and makes it look like you can't spell grrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Er.. no because the protesters gave a clear message to the government BEFORE the war saying that they were against it.. so in that hypothetical situation they wouldn't have suddenly changed there minds..
    No I'm pretty sure they would have....or they would have said thousands of "innocent" Britons and Yanks deserved to die because we're not very nice people or something...

P.S. I would like to be a Lib Dem but I couldn't cope with all the splinters from sitting on the fence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    No I'm pretty sure they would have....or they would have said thousands of "innocent" Britons and Yanks deserved to die because we're not very nice people or something...
    You've got a pretty twisted view of what protesters are aiming to achieve. Firstly we don't hate British or American people.. why would you think that? and secoundly (most) people do no protest for the fun of it.. they have strong opinions about an issue and are unlikley to change them

ReputationRep:
    he was invited by the queen b4 this whole war thing was even on the cards. I was amazed at how far in advance his holidays r planned but i spose wen ur the american president, ur gonna have a busy diary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    Yea that comment was not so necessary. Could you prove that he s a great orator?
    Did you not hear the speech he made today? For someone I didn't like that much I was pretty impressed. It was pithy but pretty much to the point, although some of it was a bit elaborate. Best joke by Dubya :
    "Before me, the most famous American coming to the UK was suspended in a glass box above the thames. I guess a lot of you would like to do that to me."

ReputationRep:
    I don't trust President Bush at all and it is a mystery to me why Blair would get involved with him. He became President by cheating, he is not a good president, just a great liar. The war was a fraud and it's disgraceful the amount of people who have died for nothing, what have we achieved? Nothing. Since when have the American goverment wanted to help the rest of the world anyway? They only ever do anything when they see something in it for them.

ReputationRep:
    Big up Bush

ReputationRep:
    I think that all these people that are saying 'He is a monkey' and 'He almost died on a prezzel' are discrediting people who have an intelligent reason (such as because of specific policies etc) as to why they don't believe he should be president.

I personally think he is doing a great job.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.