Who's heard from Durham/York/Warwick/LSE?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I'm going crazy from waiting...
btw I've applied for PPE and gov&econ.
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
I'm going crazy from waiting...
btw I've applied for PPE and gov&econ.
Durham just sent a letter saying they have to wait before making a decision. When I track progress online it hasn't even reached the college!
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Have applied to all four and haven't got any offeres/rejections as of yet. Durham replied to both my school's prospective PPE'ists yesterday though...
Linda
Rep:
?
(Original post by kildare)
Have applied to all four and haven't got any offeres/rejections as of yet. Durham replied to both my school's prospective PPE'ists yesterday though...
I know, I read your post on tutor2u, which was what got me worried...
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Lots of people have received offers from York now, including me.
:P:P:P:P:P
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Warwick is one of my two who hasnt applied!
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
I know, I read your post on tutor2u, which was what got me worried...
Gal's offer was only 34 though... It was pretty strange though to be honest, our schools UCAS person is going to ring them up and ask them if there was any particular reason for his rejection.
Linda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adhsur)
Is it a bad sign that I haven't heard from them yet?
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
They've both had offers from York as well (36 (6 6 6)). I haven't heard anything though...
Linda
Rep:
?
Gal's offer was only 34 though... It was pretty strange though to be honest, our schools UCAS person is going to ring them up and ask them if there was any particular reason for his rejection.
What's weird with 34? My only offer so far is from Essex, 32 points (including extra points).
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
york - heard on the 10th
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
What's weird with 34? My only offer so far is from Essex, 32 points (including extra points).
It just seemed a bit strange that if the course was that competitive that they rejected Nikhil, their offers would be as low as 34.
Linda
Rep:
?
It just seemed a bit strange that if the course was that competitive that they rejected Nikhil, their offers would be as low as 34.
Ah... Well, maybe they really liked her?
brasil85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Could be going to Durham don't know yet
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
york was the first one i got, a couple weeks ago
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
Ah... Well, maybe they really liked her?
Perhaps, I'd be interested to know why in that case that they she was a much better candidate than him but how and ever..
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've applied to Warwick and not heard anything as of yet....I don't think anyone I know who has applied there has heard anything yet so I wouldn't worry.
At Durham they can reject you before your application even gets sent to the college, so if you haven't heard anything yet then I guess it can only be a good sign....
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
I've applied to Warwick and not heard anything as of yet....I don't think anyone I know who has applied there has heard anything yet so I wouldn't worry.
At Durham they can reject you before your application even gets sent to the college, so if you haven't heard anything yet then I guess it can only be a good sign....
I applied to durham for english lit and haven't heard yet. in fact i haven't heard from any of my unis. should i be worried? my friend applied for the same course and heard two weeks ago she must be amazing...
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
I applied to durham for english lit and haven't heard yet. in fact i haven't heard from any of my unis. should i be worried? my friend applied for the same course and heard two weeks ago she must be amazing...
also applied to durham
Goat
Report 17 years ago
Loads of people have offers from Warwick for computer science.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (480)
51.72%
No (448)
48.28%

Watched Threads