The Student Room Group
You can take it as an option at least in your third year but you better get used to essays and exams if you come here cos that's what 90% of your course will be anyway.

MB
Merc
Are there any creative components, I've read that you can submit creative writing portfolios to be marked instead of some essays, or what is this? Is there any creative components at all? Or is it just essays and exams and thats it?

I really hope not... one of the main reasons I chose Cambridge is that the course didn't seem to be too "diluted" (not meaning offence, it's just that I'm only really looking for straight English).
Reply 3
According to the prospectus, there's an active creative writing community, though nothing on the actual course.

Hard to find a straight English course that lets you be creative. Some unis have 'English and Creative Writing' though.
Reply 4
I remember someone saying that people can submit creative work aside (not specifically on the syllabus) and "it will be considered". It's obviously not a major part of the course, but there do seem to be a lot of writing societies/magazines etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending