do unis go off estimated grades. wot if ure estimated low but then get good grades -

Watch
This discussion is closed.
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
is any1 else in position where they think they will get good results but are estimated bad and as a result cannot get into uni
MatthewWxm
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I'm worried that my predicted grades (A few from teachers who have only known me for a matter of weeks! - That can't be right, surely?) will mean I'll get outright rejections from the unis I want to go to (Newcastle, Cardiff, UEA, Sheffield). I am really confident I'll get the grades to go to the above in the end, but I'm not sure my application will be seen in a good light, despite the allegedly "well-written" personal statement.

I've already been at college for a year more than I hoped I would (Due to an unforseen tragedy) so a fourth year is not an option. I can't wait to get out of here, the town has gone stale for me.
shantih
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
is any1 else in position where they think they will get good results but are estimated bad and as a result cannot get into uni
My advice is to apply anyway. Uni's might consider you anyway, and if you give a good impression at your interview, who knows! That's what I'm doing.

You might get offers from uni's with lower grades than you think you can get, but if you don't get offers, you can always ring uni's on the day you get your results, and fax them your results. If they are good, and they're the right grades for the course, you could get an offer that way. It works, believe me. I know a guy who got to study vet/sci at Bristol that way.

If that doesn't work, then I agree with the other guy, you could get in through clearing (a lot of people do), or take a gap year.

Good luck, hope this helps!
maddaz
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Not only do universities look at estimated grades,they also like to accept people who are able to spell correctly!! get a dictionary!
gwirion
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
I'm in the same boat. I've been predicted BBC but sure I can do much better than that. The thing is I need ABC or BBB at least to study the course I want. I really hope that my personal statement/reference (which my tutor says are very good,) will get me there!Doubt it though!
Lawrence
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MatthewWxm)
I'm worried that my predicted grades (A few from teachers who have only known me for a matter of weeks! - That can't be right, surely?) will mean I'll get outright rejections from the unis I want to go to (Newcastle, Cardiff, UEA, Sheffield). I am really confident I'll get the grades to go to the above in the end, but I'm not sure my application will be seen in a good light, despite the allegedly "well-written" personal statement.

I've already been at college for a year more than I hoped I would (Due to an unforseen tragedy) so a fourth year is not an option. I can't wait to get out of here, the town has gone stale for me.
ur in the same boat as me! im scared...have faith and it will happen!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (65)
52%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.2%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
26.4%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed