Turn on thread page Beta

do unis go off estimated grades. wot if ure estimated low but then get good grades - watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    is any1 else in position where they think they will get good results but are estimated bad and as a result cannot get into uni

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried that my predicted grades (A few from teachers who have only known me for a matter of weeks! - That can't be right, surely?) will mean I'll get outright rejections from the unis I want to go to (Newcastle, Cardiff, UEA, Sheffield). I am really confident I'll get the grades to go to the above in the end, but I'm not sure my application will be seen in a good light, despite the allegedly "well-written" personal statement.

I've already been at college for a year more than I hoped I would (Due to an unforseen tragedy) so a fourth year is not an option. I can't wait to get out of here, the town has gone stale for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    is any1 else in position where they think they will get good results but are estimated bad and as a result cannot get into uni
    My advice is to apply anyway. Uni's might consider you anyway, and if you give a good impression at your interview, who knows! That's what I'm doing.

You might get offers from uni's with lower grades than you think you can get, but if you don't get offers, you can always ring uni's on the day you get your results, and fax them your results. If they are good, and they're the right grades for the course, you could get an offer that way. It works, believe me. I know a guy who got to study vet/sci at Bristol that way.

If that doesn't work, then I agree with the other guy, you could get in through clearing (a lot of people do), or take a gap year.

Good luck, hope this helps!

Not only do universities look at estimated grades,they also like to accept people who are able to spell correctly!! get a dictionary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    I'm in the same boat. I've been predicted BBC but sure I can do much better than that. The thing is I need ABC or BBB at least to study the course I want. I really hope that my personal statement/reference (which my tutor says are very good,) will get me there!Doubt it though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatthewWxm)
    I'm worried that my predicted grades (A few from teachers who have only known me for a matter of weeks! - That can't be right, surely?) will mean I'll get outright rejections from the unis I want to go to (Newcastle, Cardiff, UEA, Sheffield). I am really confident I'll get the grades to go to the above in the end, but I'm not sure my application will be seen in a good light, despite the allegedly "well-written" personal statement.

I've already been at college for a year more than I hoped I would (Due to an unforseen tragedy) so a fourth year is not an option. I can't wait to get out of here, the town has gone stale for me.
    ur in the same boat as me! im scared...have faith and it will happen!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.