The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stayed in Pembrooke last year for about 4days for the law conference- REALLY liked it- the accomodation varied quite a bit, there's a modern section which I though would look a bit out of place, but the building is quite architectualry nice of it, and the rooms in there are a good size and very clean etc. I saw 2 of the bedrooms in the older sections, and they were also nice. Liked the food there- good choice for vegetarians I thought. Pretty gardens.
Reply 2
I suspected the negatives would be about the people
hmmm...
Reply 3
i know plenty of cool people at pembroke.
Reply 4
As do I. I wouldn't say the people there are boring at all. I've been to a couple of events there that were great, everyone seemed just as outgoing as anywhere else.

Personally, if I was applying to Cambridge, I'd apply there. Nice place, nice people, good work/life atmosphere, gorgeous grounds and there are a few *very* nice rooms there.
Reply 5
Don't go there. The Shuai monster will plague you.

A.
Reply 6
I don't know why I just get the impression the college isn't overly popular, yet I havn't heard a single bad thing about it. I havnt heard it mentioned often.
Reply 7
i dont know what i've got against the place....i just dont like it. It's not repulsive, it's more of some unpleasent aura that the pembroke students i reckon are just used to. It's like an old man smell you get in a retirement home, it's something unpleasent for someone who is only visiting. At least that's the feel I get about the place - it feels a bit....old. But yes as others say, the people there are plenty nice, there's just something about it i don't like
Reply 8
It's like the Simpsons episode where everyone has to think happy thoughts or else Shuai err I mean Bart turns you into an inanimate object :biggrin:
Reply 9
Anything else?
Reply 10
Two of my friends have Pembroke boyfriends and I know a few people there. Personally it seems quite nice, and the proximity to NatSci/medic lectures is certainly a plus!
Reply 11
What have you lot got against Shuai?

Don't Come To Pembroke. I Mean It!!!
Reply 12
Camford

Don't Come To Pembroke. I Mean It!!!

What's so wrong with Pembroke? :confused:

Never been too impressed by the college of the same name in Oxford, but Cam's version seems quite pleasant inside.
Reply 13
RichE
What's so wrong with Pembroke? :confused:

Never been too impressed by the college of the same name in Oxford, but Cam's version seems quite pleasant inside.

Oh well... um... oh... ah.. ha... I haven't got a clue why I said that.

It has formals everyday during term time.
Reply 14
Camford
Oh well... um... oh... ah.. ha... I haven't got a clue why I said that.

Well said that man. :rolleyes:

I will have my pinch of salt ready for the next time you opine meaningfully. :biggrin: :p:
I like the food in pembroke- they have elderflower cordial too- I think i'm gonna starve in corpus, last time I was there I dont think they had anything I could eat (im vegetarian) :frown:
Drogue
As do I. I wouldn't say the people there are boring at all. I've been to a couple of events there that were great, everyone seemed just as outgoing as anywhere else.

Personally, if I was applying to Cambridge, I'd apply there. Nice place, nice people, good work/life atmosphere, gorgeous grounds and there are a few *very* nice rooms there.

Pembroke is great! :biggrin:
Reply 17
Willa
i dont know what i've got against the place....i just dont like it. It's not repulsive, it's more of some unpleasent aura that the pembroke students i reckon are just used to. It's like an old man smell you get in a retirement home, it's something unpleasent for someone who is only visiting. At least that's the feel I get about the place - it feels a bit....old. But yes as others say, the people there are plenty nice, there's just something about it i don't like

I find it the exact opposite. I *love* visitin Pembroke. As my dad said at his first visit, a little agast and very impressed, "if you can't learn in a place like this, there's no hope for you".

RichE

Very true. Pembroke Cam > Pembroke Ox. Similarly with St. Catz. Clearly the opposite with Queen's, Corpus and Jesus though :smile:

White_redrose
Pembroke is great! :biggrin:

:biggrin:
Reply 18
Drogue
I find it the exact opposite. I *love* visitin Pembroke. As my dad said at his first visit, a little agast and very impressed, "if you can't learn in a place like this, there's no hope for you".

Very true. Pembroke Cam > Pembroke Ox. Similarly with St. Catz. Clearly the opposite with Queen's, Corpus and Jesus though :smile:

:biggrin:

Ooooh, why is Queen's better than Queens'? (do NOT start talking about grammar :p:)
Corpus Cambridge is ofcourse vastly superior to that of Oxford. We certainly wouldn't bring people in from other colleges to play in our sports teams :eek:

I don't like Pembroke's hall, it's very soulless and their staff are just bloody rude. I've been to their brunch as well and that was just crap and overpriced, food like at a motorway service station. Formals are expensive, although when I went the food was quite good.

Corpus isn't the greatest place for veggies.

I love all the trees and everything though.

Latest

Trending

Trending