The Student Room Group

Is Chicago Town Takeaway Oven Pizza really better than...

Pizza Hut and Dominoes? The advert says so, and I'm feeling a pizza. But why pay loads for a takeaway when I can buy one from the shop.:confused:
no oven pizzas are better than the alternative, however, as far as oven pizzas go, I can only advise for Dr Otaker's, since all the rest I have found awful, espically Chacago Town etc.
I'm having pasta for lunch. Nomnomnomnomnom.

I gave up on frozen pizza a long time ago :frown: But one pizza that I will recommend that is shop bought is Tesco's Chicken and Smoky Bacon pizza in the chilled Italian section :coma:
Reply 3
no, it's really not better.

the poll was probably very skewed and interpreted to their advantage.
Reply 4
The big Chicago town ones with stuffed crust are better than Dominos I don't know about pizza hut as I haven't been there in years but the mini ones aren't great go for the big ones
Reply 5
This thread is making me want lunch naaowwww.
Reply 6
I don't think it''s better than Pizza Hut, but it is pretty darn awesome for a frozen pizza! Om nom nom :P
pizza hut bbq base deep pan medium is the best if you've got the buck if you get a small they leave far too much crust without any topping same for a large. i looovvveee pizza so if your getting an oven one la bottega goodfellas are delicious so is their delicia range (sort of a half deep pan pizza) but only get them if there on offer. Dr Otaker are good but i always have to take off the mushrooms cos they suck plus theyre always cheap enough! £1 at spar! some tesco ones are nice enough the italian range ones :smile: sainsburys ones taste like armpits! dominos overpriced shiiite Chicago town the mini ones are ok but the bigger ones get sickening. good luck lol sorry but im quite passionate about pizz@
Reply 8
the big chicago town pizza is by far the best oven pizza around, well the cheese one is anyway.
The only frozen pizzas I like are cheese pizzas because the frozen veg and meat doesn't taste quite as nice as fresh stuff on a takeaway pizza.
but they stopped selling them around here! Now they only do sauce stuffed crust, which is horrible
I hate chicago town pizzas, they just don't taste right. Pizza hut is the nicest =] Though if you want a frozen pizza, the veggie supreme thin and crispy from the asda takeaway counter is the nicest thing ever.

Argh, I want one now!! =[
Reagan Smash
I hate chicago town pizzas, they just don't taste right. Pizza hut is the nicest =] Though if you want a frozen pizza, the veggie supreme thin and crispy from the asda takeaway counter is the nicest thing ever.

Argh, I want one now!! =[

omg that mans got an awsome shoe throw how accurate is he!! i just tried to throw mine... not so good lets just say :yep: but he threw both of his and they were both exactly where bush's head was lol never tried asda pizza but will do :biggrin:
The Chicago Town Stuffed Crust pizzas are really tasty. I had one last friday. :love:
(the cheesey one!)
In my opinion you can't beat Dominos Pepperonni Passion pizza with the garlic dip they give you, mmm
They really aren't better, the best frozen pizzas you can buy are the pizza express ones probably.
The only frozen pizza i've ever liked was one called "freschetta", it was GORGEOUS but was discontinued a few years ago. I was gutted.
Reply 15
They are the best frozen pizza but not better than dominos or pizza hut imo.
Apologies for ressurecting a 7 year old thread, but I have to agree that Chicago town "takeaway" pizzas are the best frozen pizzas I've tried, and easily beat the tasteless Pizza Hut one I had a few weeks ago.

Chicago Town Takeaway Stuffed Crust Four Cheese Melt with a few chopped green birdseye chillies on top for a fiery kick before cooking.

I've been eating Dominos and Papa Johns quite regularly in the past, but since trying these, I've never gone back to their extortionate priced pizzas.
Reply 17
Was pleasantly surprised by how tasty the pizza express american pepperoni pizza from the supermarket was, thought it was on a par with a good delivered one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fusion
Was pleasantly surprised by how tasty the pizza express american pepperoni pizza from the supermarket was, thought it was on a par with a good delivered one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like the pizza express pollo ad astra, I only buy them from the supermarket when they're on offer though.

Quick Reply

Latest