The Student Room Logo
This thread is closed

Trinity College

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
sam19
Trinity Ball Tonight!!!!!!!

Can't wait. Been looking forward to this for a whole year pretty much.

WOOOHOOOO!!!!
Reply 321
sam19
Trinity Ball Tonight!!!!!!!

Can't wait. Been looking forward to this for a whole year pretty much.

You must tell us all about it! Have fun! :biggrin:
Reply 322
I've made a May Week blog thread so if people want to add to that, it would be cool, rather than just limiting it to one college :wink:
Reply 323
so who played at trinity mayball, wot was the line up, any famous bands at any of the other big college may balls
Reply 324
trachea
so who played at trinity mayball, wot was the line up, any famous bands at any of the other big college may balls

Electric Six were the big ones
Reply 325
Apparently Magdalene have Girls Aloud.
Reply 326
puppy
Electric Six were the big ones

Electric Six are great live :smile:
Ticki

mmmm.. Cheryl
trachea

John's has Röyksopp tonight.
Reply 328
Ticki

OMG I hate them so much. Didn't one of them verbally assault a black woman in a club with racist remarks or something? If I get near her at Magdalene she'll be in trouble (the one from Girls Aloud, not the black woman)
Reply 329
Rebecca/Becca
Oh the comedy value of the David Brent dance combined with Gay Bar......:rofl:

Yes, I know I'm a comedy legend. But please don't tell anyone that I was once in a talent show and my act was doing the David Brent dance to Gay Bar.
Reply 330
Queens' had Kaiser Chiefs last night - they were brilliant.
Reply 331
Rebecca/Becca
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe. OK I won't. It was actually one of the funniest things I've ever seen though. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I wonder if they have a talent show at Trinnersow?
Reply 332
I was just inspired by the posts in the what-to-bring-to-Cambridge thread. Concerning gowns, how often are you supposed to wear yours in college? I know that Trinity is quite fond of traditions and surely I don't mind wearing mine - I think they're quite nice!
Is it mostly at formals? Then I might add: how often do people actually go to formals?
Reply 333
You'll probably have to wear them for a few random matriculation things, and then just for formals. As for how often you go, it's up to you - I probably average just less than once a week, but some people do more.
Random question, but does anyone here know the current first year classicists at Trinity quite well? An old school friend of mine has just finished her first year (she's apparantely loving it and got a first!)...just wondered if anyone knows her!
Reply 335
Puppy's a first year classicist. :smile: She's on the four year course.
Cheers....I'll PM her then!
Reply 337
From "The Sex", the Peterhouse JCR thingy:

"It has been revealed this week that a part of Trinity College was built using banknotes and bricks filled with coins. The gatehouse of the college and the entire East wall of the main court ware constructed using the materials, with each doubloon-filled brick thought to be worth over £20 000. The use of compacted banknotes in the sixteenth century building will come as a particular shock to historians, as it predates the introduction of paper money by several hundred years. A spokesman for Trinity was yesterday playing down reports that the college would be deconstructing vast parts of the gatehouse to pay for Trinity’s planned takeover of Africa, insisting that "We don’t need that much cash to buy that particular continent, I think we can afford it without doing anything so crass as to take the building apart. There is no question at all; Trinity will keep its money. Students can sleep soundly knowing that their walls are worth more than the GNP of the developing world, and only organized criminals with heavy equipment, sophisticated weaponry and a willingness to slaughter anyone who gets in their way will stop that, and I’m sure they will." The discovery is welcome news for the college, who may have to change their name as a result of restructuring in heaven. The Holy Trinity will, this autumn, come to an end as a result of the Holy Ghost’s shock move to ITV, leaving the Father and the Son to continue “Christianity” alone."
Reply 338
Not particularly funny. :vmad:
Reply 339
I'm new here so sorry if I muck up! Did someone ask earlier about a picture of a room? There's one on the website but it's not especially helpful..... If not could someone say what comes with it (furniture etc.)? I know it must vary between buildings etc.

Thanks to all the people who've been contributing - all the advice has been great.

Latest