can u only revise in silence?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
emmz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
i know its a stupid issue but my bedroom is next door to tv room which is always quite loud and im a bit obssesed bout it now as parents will not turn it lower. so can u revise in a noise atmosphere
TK0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
im afraid its medically proven if you attempt to revise in a noisy atmosphere you run the risk of becoming infertile
Moochy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
i know its a stupid issue but my bedroom is next door to tv room which is always quite loud and im a bit obssesed bout it now as parents will not turn it lower. so can u revise in a noise atmosphere
sometimes i can.. depends what the noise is. if its my own noise i dont mind.
gemgems89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
I have a very similar problem. What you gotta do is get, well, sucked into your work and eventually you won't even hear the television because you will be concentrating so much on your work.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by emmz)
buy earplugs... or revise in another room, i quite often end up working at our kitchen or dining room table (mainly cos my desk is a bomb site). I can't revise in a noise atmosphere- i always have the radio or a cd on when i do homework, but revision i need absalute silence + get annoyed if i can hear my brother playing computer games (the computer si next door to my room)... is there any need for that stupid cheering on championship manager?

lou xxx
guess_who
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
Yes There Is!!! Champ Manager Is Fab!! Geesh....the Good Old Days.
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Listen to some music to try and drown out the sound of the TV. Apparently classical helps you learn.. but I think rock does..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (66)
11.96%
Virtual campus tours/open days (135)
24.46%
Live streaming events (47)
8.51%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.42%
A uni comparison tool (129)
23.37%
An in-person event when available (123)
22.28%