The Student Room Group

Omg PAnic!! French oral AS...

Okay i am starting to get overly worried, HELp!!! my oral is on friday and i have done no revision..
Okay so this was stupid :redface: seeing as oral is by far my weakest part of the whole exam, but hey. Well i can learn my speech and some possible q's, but the thing i rely struggle with is quickly coming up with stuff and making it all sound natural and conversation like so i wondered if people can help with the linking type phrases that make it all flow.
Does this make sense to people lol, i mean like 'si j'etais vous'
'bien sur, vous avez raison mais..' 'en ce qui me concerne'
Yep, the phrases you've suggested all sound great. If you're stuck, I ALWAYS say: "Je ne sais pas exactement... mais....... (and then carry on with the answer)".

Or, "Ohhhh (in a frenchish-surprised-pondering way), oui, c'est une question tres difficile/important/interessant" etc

For opinions, try "A mon avis" or "Selon moi". Words like "Franchement", "Vraiment" or "Peut-etre" also give you a little bit more time to start your answer.

I hope this helps, a little anyway! I've got my A2 one in a few weeks and am also freaking out.... so you're not alone!!!! Good luck. Sorry, bonne chance!
I know how you feel. My AS oral is not this Thursday coming, but the one after (12th of May) and even though I'm well-prepared, I get really nervous and I'm so worried I'll just freak out and forget everything :frown: What I've done, apart from learning my presentation, is thought up answers to some questions I might be asked, but also practiced making them sound natural and unrehearsed. For example, I'll start the sentence with 'alors, eugh, bon, eh bien' etc and look as though I'm thinking about it. If you don't know, you could say something like 'Je n'y avais pas pense, mais par contre' or 'je n'ai pas fait de recherches sur ce sujet, mais je trouve que'. As the above poster said, opinions are always good too; I like 'il me semble que'.

Bonne chance! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending