Turn on thread page Beta

Two Towers Extended watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just brought it today. what did you think of it (those of you that have got it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    It's on order (Hurry up Amazon!)

Am eagerly anticipating it's arrival.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like a lot of money to waste - just for another 1/2 hour of footage that had been deemed 'not good enough' to be shown in cinemas, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    It's on order (Hurry up Amazon!)

Am eagerly anticipating it's arrival.
    you should use play.com, they are cheaper than amazon, and P&P is free, and they send it to you in like 2 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    It seems like a lot of money to waste - just for another 1/2 hour of footage that had been deemed 'not good enough' to be shown in cinemas, anyway.
    no way man! the fellowship 4 disc version was EXCELLENT. All of the extras were actually good and interesting, instead of the usual stuff that u never watch (except 4 maybe the pic galleries).

Still waiting 4 play.com 2 deliver. Shoulg arrive 2moro :-)

ReputationRep:
    The reason it wasn't show in cinemas is because the film is way too long as it is, not because it is bad footage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    you should use play.com, they are cheaper than amazon, and P&P is free, and they send it to you in like 2 days.
    My sister was making a massive order of stuff so just tacked it on the end, it's free p&p anyway (over £25).

But yes, I have recently discovered play.com, and found to a mix of frustration and glee that it cells anime £5 cheaper than I've been buying/planned to buy at. Hurray!

ReputationRep:
    achully there is 40 minutes extra and when you add in the appendicies dvds, you get like 6 hours of how they made it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    The reason it wasn't show in cinemas is because the film is way too long as it is, not because it is bad footage.
    Have you heard that all of Christopher Lee's scenes in the Return of the King have been edited out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)

It annoys me as to why the can't release the extended version instead of the original release :mad:

I bought the original of the two tower and fellowship because I couldn't wait long enough till the extended come out.

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard that all of Christopher Lee's scenes in the Return of the King have been edited out?
    yeah, ive heard that. why did they do it?

ReputationRep:
    kinda off-topic
    but i heard they were showing the extended versions in cinemas in the run up 2 dec 17th. Is that just in america or do we get it as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    yeah, ive heard that. why did they do it?
    The film was too long - it was over 4.5 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omen)
    It annoys me as to why the can't release the extended version instead of the original release :mad:

I bought the original of the two tower and fellowship because I couldn't wait long enough till the extended come out.
    Exactly. To make more money.

Yes, it seems very odd. How can they wrap it up without any show of him (?), he was quite a major part.

ReputationRep:
    The film was too long - it was over 4.5 hours.
    A nice lot of extras to pay for next year then.

---

Apparently a local cinema might be doing run throughs of the entire trilogy. Sounds good, it'd be a long day though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Apparently a local cinema might be doing run throughs of the entire trilogy. Sounds good, it'd be a long day though.
    Sounds like a nice way to waste a Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    I am gonig to get it from splash dvd - normally £25 but only £20 if you buy in the next 3 days or so using their voucher - try finding it cheaper

ReputationRep:
    I have nout better to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I have nout better to do.
    Touche. Better than watching the Matrix, at least (drivel...).

ReputationRep:
    Yea i would be a nice day if they have intermissions. You could drop acid and smoke a few Js beforehand and then go out out the intermissions and smoke another J try watching golem stoned and tripping it freaks the **** out of ya. Good fun

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.