The Student Room Group

How to compare GPA from Russian university to a UK equivalent?

At Russian universities, there are grades 3, 4 or 5 (the highest mark). So the GPA could be between anything between 3.0 and 5.0.
How to compare Russian GPA to a UK-required 3.5 or 3.7 GPA?

Thanks for advice
Reply 1
I really doubt there is any universal conversion formula. Besides, different unis ask for different minimum GPAs.

For example, LSE asks their Russian applicants for "a Magister with good grades (4/5)" check it here
Reply 2
I guess there is. I have already tried contacting NARIC, they seem to be the ones responsible for such issues, but no reply so far.
I know about LSE. Some other universities, like Warwick, also give specific requirements for students from Russia.
However, some other unis just say 3.5 GPA or 3.7 GPA without giving Russian equivalent.
Reply 3
stu_m_l
I guess there is. I have already tried contacting NARIC, they seem to be the ones responsible for such issues, but no reply so far.
I know about LSE. Some other universities, like Warwick, also give specific requirements for students from Russia.
However, some other unis just say 3.5 GPA or 3.7 GPA without giving Russian equivalent.

If you have a short list of universities you are interested in, try contacting them individually, as they may have different requirements...particularly if you have additional experience.
Reply 4
swiftuk
If you have a short list of universities you are interested in, try contacting them individually, as they may have different requirements...particularly if you have additional experience.

Already done this. Out of 6, 2 replied stating UK GPA on the question about Russian GPA
Reply 5
Got a reply from NARIC. They said they do not provide information on grades, rather on the type of degree attained.
Anybody has experience from Russian university to UK MSc?
Reply 6
hey, how did your story end? Did you get your admission to a UK university? I'm in the same boat

Quick Reply

Latest