Turn on thread page Beta

Levels of attractiveness in married couples, A2 psychology.HELP! watch

ReputationRep:
    I would really appreciate it if anyone can offer any guidance on my A2 coursework introduction for the following title:

'measuring level of attractiveness in married couples'

Can anyone think of any researchers that have conducted such a study? Has anyone conducted a study like this themselves? If so, i would love to hear from you. Many thanks
    Chantel XXX

A2 psychology coursework, relationship formation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetyheart)
    I would really appreciate it if anyone can offer any guidance on my A2 coursework introduction for the following title:

Can anyone think of any researchers that have conducted such a study? Has anyone conducted a study like this themselves? If so, i would love to hear from you. Many thanks
    Chantel XXX

i saw a study of this on TV. "Your face or Mine?" maybe? presenters called Johnny and June maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Margolin et al (1987) - found that in marriage, if one partner declines in attractivness more than the other then this is liable to significant marriage problems.

Folkes (1982) found that couples (not married ones although this still may be useful for you i dunno...) matched by a dating agency were more likely to continue seeing eachother and form long lasting relationships if they were similar in attractivness.

Also - The matching hypothesis states that people prefer those who are similar to themselves.

This is all I could find in my relationship notes, hope it helps a little,

Riz x

ReputationRep:
    How do you measure "attractiveness"? Is it on a scale of 1 - 10? Or is it all relative, like your attractive if your stood next to an ugly person? What about personality? Does that come into it? Or have I completely misunderstood the question?

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm taking the mick (which I've just realised I do) I'm genuinely curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetyheart)

Chantel XXX

Imagine rating everyone on a 1-10 scale.

You will rarley find that people will choose someone further than "two" away from their attractivness rating.

ReputationRep:
    [Thank you for your reply,
    Sweetyheart xxx

P.S my study has been sucessful! 0.49 confidence level!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.