Turn on thread page Beta

Geography At Cam...anyone Applied?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey every1. i've applied 2 selwyn to do geog. just wondering how many otha ppl hav applied 4 geog too and at what college etc. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koolstar)
    hey every1. i've applied 2 selwyn to do geog. just wondering how many otha ppl hav applied 4 geog too and at what college etc. thanks.
    nicht mich.

ReputationRep:
    yes, its really easy to get in for geography compared to the other subjects. A guy in ehre called Jools did crap at AS Levels and did jack **** else for eprosnal statement, yet he got in.

ReputationRep:
    hey. thats actually made me feel quite good, i'm nervous about my interview thats in two weeks...

ReputationRep:
    the guy i am on about, did really well at GCSE, but his as levels were like 1 A and 3 B's....and not in really ahrd subjects either, and his personal statemnt wasnt that good either, and he siad he didnt prepeare that much for interview, yet he got offer of AAB. he didnt even get AAB in his final A2's....he just missed out and got ABB...but Oxford couldnt be arsed filling up his place with one of the rejected people who got straight A's in their A2 exams, so they said "just bloody come on in and shut the hell up whining on the phone". bit unfair on teh people who got rejected who were more worthy of a place than him.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guess_who)
    the guy i am on about, did really well at GCSE, but his as levels were like 1 A and 3 B's....and not in really ahrd subjects either, and his personal statemnt wasnt that good either, and he siad he didnt prepeare that much for interview, yet he got offer of AAB. he didnt even get AAB in his final A2's....he just missed out and got ABB...but Oxford couldnt be arsed filling up his place with one of the rejected people who got straight A's in their A2 exams, so they said "just bloody come on in and shut the hell up whining on the phone". bit unfair on teh people who got rejected who were more worthy of a place than him.....
    Somehow, I doubt it actually happened like this.

ReputationRep:
    wow. thats the kind of story you dont hear very often at all. i'm just hoping i dont get slaughtered by the ppl who interview me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koolstar)
    wow. thats the kind of story you dont hear very often at all. i'm just hoping i dont get slaughtered by the ppl who interview me.
    LOL, if you believed the story...you'd deserve to be slaughtered. Some courses are easIER to get into at Oxbridge, nothing is particularly easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.S.)
    LOL, if you believed the story...you'd deserve to be slaughtered. Some courses are easIER to get into at Oxbridge, nothing is particularly easy.
    yeh well, i dont believe it actually. i was just being polite.

ReputationRep:
    My friend applied for geog at fitz college and got accepted, but turned the place down to go to leeds instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guess_who)
    I assume you're talking about me as you mentioned me in the previous post. Half your info is incorrect or made up as it's never been raised here.

AABB at AS, didn't prepare for interview. But decent personal statement. The "shut the hell up whining" is complete *******s haha, it was 2 people per place (yes, less than most other subjects) and I got an AAB offer (normally AAA) for caning the interview - which highlights that interviews are so important, it made up for not having 4 As at AS (grades I did get at A2 though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    I assume you're talking about me as you mentioned me in the previous post. Half your info is incorrect or made up as it's never been raised here.

AABB at AS, didn't prepare for interview. But decent personal statement. The "shut the hell up whining" is complete *******s haha, it was 2 people per place (yes, less than most other subjects) and I got an AAB offer (normally AAA) for caning the interview - which highlights that interviews are so important, it made up for not having 4 As at AS (grades I did get at A2 though).

"just bloody come on in and shut the hell up whining on the phone". bit unfair on teh people who got rejected who were more worthy of a place than him.....

Ohh man, that's a classic. It's amazing how some random guy can have such an insight into exactly what was said in the phone conversation of another person!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.S.)
    "just bloody come on in and shut the hell up whining on the phone". bit unfair on teh people who got rejected who were more worthy of a place than him.....

Ohh man, that's a classic. It's amazing how some random guy can have such an insight into exactly what was said in the phone conversation of another person!
    I just flicked through the writer's previous posts, it's Maskall... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    I just flicked through the writer's previous posts, it's Maskall... :rolleyes:
    also known as Jools. / Jools(!) / Jools(ox)...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2003
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.