Watch
This discussion is closed.
Subcutaneous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Misogynist)
Do away with the toast and make it three eggs fried in olive oil with vegetables and 500ml milk and we'll be talking.

better yet eggs fried in fry light
Jennifer_l85
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
That's the good thing about weetabix, you don't have to measure it! I suppose that's quite filling compared to the others.
luuucyx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Loads of fruit is arguably worse than cereal. Depends on which fruit though.
worse in what sense?
oranges and grapes haha
bowdeni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Special K contains so so much sugar, don't eat it.
Subcutaneous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jennifer_l85)
That's the good thing about weetabix, you don't have to measure it! I suppose that's quite filling compared to the others.

yup, 2 weetabix biscuits is a 'healthy b choice' on my diet
Loeweloewe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
rubbish! special k contains very little calories
Jennifer_l85
Rep:
?
(Original post by Loeweloewe)
rubbish! special k contains very little calories
Only if you have a few mouthfuls that won't fill you up for more than 10 minutes. At least bran flakes have more fibre so are a bit more filling.
Lell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do away with the toast and make it three eggs fried in olive oil with vegetables and 500ml milk and we'll be talking.
OK but that sounds like way too much for me first thing in the morning? 500ml milk and three eggs! and veg is just wrong before about 1pm....

How are fried eggs (which are, IMO, disgusting) better for you than boiled eggs anyway?
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by luuucyx)
worse in what sense?
oranges and grapes haha
Worse as in it's got more of what you're avoiding by not eating cereal.
Barton1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I usually just get 3 eggs and scramble those badboys....mmm yeh
Fixed04
Report 11 years ago
Ideally your biggest meal of the day should be breakfast since you just came back from 8 or so hours of solid sleep and now your body needs to kickstart your metabolism with protein... I have a protein shake and a cup of oatmeal which isn't that much...
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lell)
OK but that sounds like way too much for me first thing in the morning? 500ml milk and three eggs! and veg is just wrong before about 1pm....

How are fried eggs (which are, IMO, disgusting) better for you than boiled eggs anyway?
The frying is done purely so you can get a good fat source in (Olive oil.) You could have a tbsp of olive oil on it's own with boiled eggs if you like. Same thing.
luuucyx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Worse as in it's got more of what you're avoiding by not eating cereal.
im gonna sound so dumb! but you mean sugars? or no taste? :confused:
ohh well it makes me feel thinner...
Loeweloewe
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you want to lose weight, just scoop a heap of Psyllium Husks over a mound of Tofu. I believe eating that alone would expend more calories than you would from taking in consuming the dish.

And plus it keeps you full for long
Yazmina
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jennifer_l85)
Most healthy cereals like bran flakes and shreddies will put 'only x calories per bowl' on the front of the box. I recently weighed out the recommended serving size and was surprised to find that the portion was tiny and barely covered the bottom of the bowl. I'm not surprised the average person complains that they are putting on weight when they are probably eating around 5 times the recommended amount of cereal for breakfast each morning. Can you recommend any cereals that do fill you up without having to eat a larger portion, or would porridge be better?
OMG - so am I eating like 500 cals of cereal every morning?!?! OMG, I'm shocked. I usually fill up my boal like half way!!!!
Jennifer_l85
Rep:
?
(Original post by luuucyx)
im gonna sound so dumb! but you mean sugars? or no taste? :confused:
ohh well it makes me feel thinner...
It's easy to consume a lot of calories by eating fruit if you don't watch your serving sizes.
addylad
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lell)
Two boiled eggs and a slice of toast=most filling breakfast ever and probably for considerably fewer calories and much better for you than a bowl of cereal!
Or one egg and two toasts if you're on a budget! :p:
Jennifer_l85
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yazmina)
OMG - so am I eating like 500 cals of cereal every morning?!?! OMG, I'm shocked. I usually fill up my boal like half way!!!!
Yes. Some of my friends who are trying to lose weight are eating 500 calories of bran flakes as a snack, during the day and before they go to sleep!
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you want to lose weight, just scoop a heap of Psyllium Husks over a mound of Tofu. I believe eating that alone would expend more calories than you would from taking in consuming the dish.

It isn't all about calories. Going on a very calorie restricted diet using 'tricks' like 'filling yourself up' (which doesn't work really) with water, fiber and other such things is a recipe for being skinny fat, losing muscle mass and appearing even pudgier than before.

It's best to do your weights, cardio and CLEAN UP your diet with a 500 calorie deficit. You will look much better than a person who half starved themselves and lost a few pounds. I guarantee it.
Lell
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Plus that sounds so revolting you won't actually want to eat it and will take in less calories that way.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
22.92%
No (74)
77.08%

Watched Threads