Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guess_who)
    Yes But Dont You Think Its Ironic That England Has Invested The Most In Europe For Education, Yet Has The Lowest Standards In The Whole Of ****nig Europe, Even Worse Than The Poor Countries.

Yet Tehy Ahve The Cheek To Look Down On People From Other Nationalities As Inferior To Them?

I Would Rahter A Person Came Up To Me And Said "you Are A Black *******"...rather Than A Upper-middle Class Poorly Educated Snob Like Most Kids Who Are English Say, "what Nationality Are You" Etc.etc. Pretending That Tehy Arent Doing It To Be Racist Or Show People Up.
    We have invested the most in education, because we have the most to invest!

ReputationRep:
    Yes But Dont You Think Its Ironic That England Has Invested The Most In Europe For Education, Yet Has The Lowest Standards In The Whole Of ****nig Europe, Even Worse Than The Poor Countries.

Yet Tehy Ahve The Cheek To Look Down On People From Other Nationalities As Inferior To Them?

I Would Rahter A Person Came Up To Me And Said "you Are A Black *******"...rather Than A Upper-middle Class Poorly Educated Snob Like Most Kids Who Are English Say, "what Nationality Are You" Etc.etc. Pretending That Tehy Arent Doing It To Be Racist Or Show People Up.
    it is a generalised attitude such as the one you hold, which does a whole world of good to ease the grievances :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    generalisations
    generalisations
    generalisations
    generalisations

Can I ask a question, where were you born?
    And no that is not being racist

ReputationRep:
    generalisations
    generalisations
    generalisations
    generalisations

Iran i assume but that has little weight in this argument rather is opinions seem to be as if he had not experienced the breadth of english education or that one experience has led to this view. It is a shame as i was born in pakistan and find education here great although i'd love to be in a grammar or privsate school but i have not experieneced that co cannot comment on whether there are more racists there or not but i take an assumption

ReputationRep:
    I was not trying to be offensive....it was just this person seems so anti-British and critical of the British education system that he gave me the assumption that he was trying to downgrade Britain in every way and assume that Iran was better....and I quote

.I Think These Upper-middle Class, English Snobs Who Dont Live In The Real Word Need To Know That There Are Nations Out There Who Are As Good If Better Than Tehy Are.
    WHAT ****ING CRITICAL. ITS STATISTICS THAT I SAW. IT WAS ON THE NEWS SEVERAL TIMES. THATS WHY TEHY INVESTED SHITLOADS TO COVER IT UP.

AND ANYWAY, ITS FUNNY HOW YOU ASSUME I AM PRO-IRANIAN. I SAID **** ALL ABOUT IRAN BEING GOOD. I ONLY COMMENTED ON A TYPICAL SECTION OF ENGLAND WHICH IS BLOODY TRUE AND YOU KNOW IT IS.

AND YOU KNOW IT AHD JACK **** TO DO WITH SKIN COLOUR, IT WAS THE ATTITUDE.

AND YOU KNOW THAT IF A WHITE KID WALKED INTO AN IRIANIAN CLASSROOM, THERE WOULD NOT BE RACISM COZ IT WOULDNT EXIST. IRANIANS DONT HAVE THAT SORT OF ATTITUDE (IN GENERAL). TEHY ARE MORE WELCOMING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    Iran i assume but that has little weight in this argument rather is opinions seem to be as if he had not experienced the breadth of english education or that one experience has led to this view. It is a shame as i was born in pakistan and find education here great although i'd love to be in a grammar or privsate school but i have not experieneced that co cannot comment on whether there are more racists there or not but i take an assumption
    Yeah, I admit that it has little weight to the argument ...I went to a Private school (given that the RAF pays the fees) and it was the most culturally diverse and open place I have ever experienced

ReputationRep:
    WHAT ****ING CRITICAL. ITS STATISTICS THAT I SAW. IT WAS ON THE NEWS SEVERAL TIMES. THATS WHY TEHY INVESTED SHITLOADS TO COVER IT UP.

AND ANYWAY, ITS FUNNY HOW YOU ASSUME I AM PRO-IRANIAN. I SAID **** ALL ABOUT IRAN BEING GOOD. I ONLY COMMENTED ON A TYPICAL SECTION OF ENGLAND WHICH IS BLOODY TRUE AND YOU KNOW IT IS.

AND YOU KNOW THAT IF A WHITE KID WALKED INTO AN IRIANIAN CLASSROOM, THERE WOULD NOT BE RACISM COZ IT WOULDNT EXIST. IRANIANS DONT HAVE THAT SORT OF ATTITUDE (IN GENERAL). TEHY ARE MORE WELCOMING.
    Calm down pleeease! And mind the language! Your opinion might be more credible if you weren't rude!

ReputationRep:

how can you say that englisg school are racist in general as you have only been to one or two in general there is bullying of thi nature in all school but to a low degree

ReputationRep:

Well i am saddenned to hear of your experiences although I find I can get on with anybody regardless of skin colour without troubles and without an an automatic assumption from that I am going to be labelled a racist because I am white and go to a grammar school

ReputationRep:
    Maskall will you shut up, no-one hates your origins or anything, just your personality. Why do you always have to start arguments, what's wrong with you? If you fixup maybe the world won't be so against you, and please stop blaming your social problems on your race, you're using your skin as a scapegoat. Just stop it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I admit that it has little weight to the argument ...I went to a Private school (given that the RAF pays the fees) and it was the most culturally deverse and open place I have ever experienced
    cool the RAf payed, is your father in the RAF then and what position (General, commander etc)

ReputationRep:
    generalisations
    generalisations
    generalisations
    generalisations

well of course these are generalizations. i am talking generally, of course some white english upper-middle class are nice. and i ****ing know this coz somem are my mates.

and to show that it isnt my problem, the situation is so "nothing to do with race etc." that me and my pal can ahve a joke about things like blacks etc without feeling queasy about it. he can even say soemthing about say Asia or even fuking Iran if it came up, but it would be probably funny coz it isnt racist really. half the time he takes the piss out of english people, AND YES, HE IS ENGLISH AND FAIRLY WEALTHY.

SO OF COURSE TEHY ARE GENERALIZATIONS, BUT I PRESUMED THAT THE FAB EDUCATION SYSTEM YOU WENT THROUGH WOULD AHVE SORT OF GRASPED THAT.

AND WHERE HAS ME BEING BORN GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING?
    I WAS BORN IN A HOSPITAL. AND YES, YOUR COUNTRY SPENT MONEY ON CARING FOR ME, THE BLACK ******* THAT YOU LOOK DOWN UPON.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    cool the RAf payed, is your father in the RAF then and what position (General, commander etc)
    He is no longer in the RAF...he is a war pensioner now

ReputationRep:
    He is no longer in the RAF...he is a war pensioner now
    war thats heavy, i don't want to pry so i'll keep it at that

ReputationRep:
    well of course these are generalizations. i am talking generally, of course some white english upper-middle class are nice. and i ****ing know this coz somem are my mates.

and to show that it isnt my problem, the situation is so "nothing to dow ith whatever" that we cn ahve a joke about things like blacks etc without feeling queasy about it. he can even say soemthing about say Asia or even fuking Iran if it came up, but it would be probably funny coz it isnt racist really. hlf the time he takes the piss out of english people, AND YES, HE IS ENGLISH AND FAIRLY WEALTHY.

SO OF COURSE TEHY ARE GENERALIZATIONS, BUT I PRESUMED THAT THE FAB EDUCATION SYSTEM YOU WENT THROUGH WOULD AHVE SORT OF GRASPED THAT.

AND WHERE AHS ME BEING BORN GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING?
    I WAS BORN IN A HOSPITAL. AND YES, YOUR COUNTRY SPENT MONEY ON CARING FOR ME, THE BLACK ******* THAT YOU LOOK DOWN UPON.
    and when did I say that...I was born in Scotland and get told to **** off back there yet do not become openly hostile

ReputationRep:
    Well i am saddenned to hear of your experiences although I find I can get on with anybody regardless of skin colour without troubles and without an an automatic assumption from that I am going to be labelled a racist because I am white and go to a grammar school
    I LIKE HOW YOU EXAGGERATE MY WORDS, WHEN I WAS MAKING GENERAL COMEMNTS THAT YOU KNOW ARE TRUE AND A REALITY. YOU KNOW THAT THIS SORT OF "INFERIORITY" IS MORE PROMINANT IN THE WEALTHIER UPPER-MIDDLE CLASS SCHOOL. YOU KNOW WHAT I AM ON ABOUT.

ReputationRep:

and to show that it isnt my problem, the situation is so "nothing to dow ith whatever" that we cn ahve a joke about things like blacks etc without feeling queasy about it. he can even say soemthing about say Asia or even fuking Iran if it came up, but it would be probably funny coz it isnt racist really. hlf the time he takes the piss out of english people, AND YES, HE IS ENGLISH AND FAIRLY WEALTHY.

AND WHERE AHS ME BEING BORN GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING?
    I was just asking if you were born in Iran...then you would have some weight to call yourself Iranian

ReputationRep:
    THE BLACK ******* THAT YOU LOOK DOWN UPON.
    who said any body looks down on you this presumption you make shows how you feel about yourself and the respect you have for yourself,everyone is equal if you feel you are anything but that its a shame

ReputationRep:
    I LIKE HOW YOU EXAGGERATE MY WORDS, WHEN I WAS MAKING GENERAL COMEMNTS THAT YOU KNOW ARE TRUE AND A REALITY. YOU KNOW THAT THIS SORT OF "INFERIORITY" IS MORE PROMINANT IN THE WEALTHIER UPPER-MIDDLE CLASS SCHOOL. YOU KNOW WHAT I AM ON ABOUT.
    ermmm...from what I have heard there is more racial tension in many inner-city schools (from a friend who is black) although I use that with caution as it is obviously generalized...and I do not know that is a reality as I do not always believe the moral panic that is created by the media...as far as I am concerned, I believe in non-segregation, equal treatment....again your assumption that I believed you were from a lower class is a bit contradictory when you assume that good schools are the reserve of ppl who are white

ReputationRep:
    I was just asking if you were born in Iran...then you would have some weight to call yourself Iranian
    If you were born in Britain, then I would assume you to be British

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.