Watch
This discussion is closed.
miss Spelled
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
"I want to be a moderator!" or "George Bush should be castrated".
haha, who wants to be a moderator any way ,and Geroge Bush already has been castrated any way. My dad hates parenty eventing and he always tried his best to imbarish me and he always succeds last time. He was trying to get me to ask out random girls in my year. Then he was sitting compareing them togeather, and my mum just laugh and told him to behave. How stranger are my parent, this time he came in in a pink top, and green shorts!!!!! AHHHHHH. My mum thought that it was histericaly funny. Parents evening is a dream for you, you don't know the kind of humiliations that I went thouhg
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by miss Spelled)
haha, who wants to be a moderator any way ,and Geroge Bush already has been castrated any way. My dad hates parenty eventing and he always tried his best to imbarish me and he always succeds last time. He was trying to get me to ask out random girls in my year. Then he was sitting compareing them togeather, and my mum just laugh and told him to behave. How stranger are my parent, this time he came in in a pink top, and green shorts!!!!! AHHHHHH. My mum thought that it was histericaly funny. Parents evening is a dream for you, you don't know the kind of humiliations that I went thouhg
how imbarishing.
miss Spelled
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
tell me about it, apperently it builds charictor, I don't think so
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
Just returned from my last one!! Hurray!!

anyone have any good/bad/permanently and disfiguringly scarring memories of them?
My mum went to one with my sister wearing a tank top - it was "tank top day" on CBBC and my sister was always easily embarrassed...my mum made a special effort to speak to the boy she fancied at the time

There was also the one I went to with my dad and all of my teachers were ok about me but my maths teacher got my sister in a load of trouble for telling my dad that she hadn't done her GCSE coursework :rolleyes:

And there was the great one when I was 13 when my teachers and mym mum finally realised that I wasn't dim...we'd just had our first lot of exams/mocks and I'd aced the lot ...inlcuding getting 100% in the 2 latin tests that I'd taken, 99% in the geography exam and 95% in the science exam. That was the parents evening when my science teacher (Mr Coggins...lovely man, I was gutted that he left before I got to A level) mentioned the word university to my mum...up till then I think she'd always assumed sister would go to uni and I would go straight into work...suddenly my sister wasn't the smart one anymore (she only got 80% in that latin test ). It didn't change much about how anyone treated me (I still sat at the back of most classes messing around) but it did seem more accepted that I would carry onto A level etc etc.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Lordy, i thought i was embarrassed by my dad asking if im going to get As in everything and asking loudly why i got 2 marks off an A at History AS. I now realise i don't evedn know what embarrassment is... :rolleyes:
miss Spelled
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I hated latin, I used to ares around in class still do infact. But i learn by lissioning not by watchin so I just absorbed the info so my parents new i was disexslc heavly. My grandmare in Ireland thouhg I was retarted as I was so dopy and absentmined. Then in a test I got a fake A2 test in every lesson and I got 100% latin, 100% biology, 100% histery, 100% geography, 100% everything but english and maths that I got 23 and 21 %. Thats the only thing stoping me going to uni is trying to get a C as I'm so terrable at it. Well they told my parents this and my grandmare hwo was also there was in shock, and my dad had stupid smile and so did my mum. Then I got out and they told me that when I was 12 they had my IQ perfesioly checked. They said that people that wer dislexlic usaly had adnormaly hi IQs and just couldn't use it in the right way, when I was 12 I was tested 3 times I was told, the first score was 164, then I was apperen'ty tested twice more to make sure that it was right and I got 174 an then 169 again. That was the best parents evening that I have ever had to this day!!!
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
my parents evenings in primary school were cool, cos you got to go into either the headmasters office and have hot chocolate and cookies or go into the nurserey and play with the toys.

but other then that i never went to parents evening
miss Spelled
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
you are so lucky, I evey you so much
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
what, on the cookies and hot chocolate

or on the fact i never went to my high school ones.
emom100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
no matter how well i was doing in school, parents evening always left me feeling like a ******. I also hated the fact that you had to wait in the big hall for ages and watch everyone else getting evil look from tehir paretns. I never turned up to aby of the lower school presentation evenings but we had to go to the 6th from ones (also i wanted to check that my parents wern't embarrassing me too much) In general my paretns were ok but i found i really funny when my dad would try to make me out into a model student like telling them that i came in and did my homework straight from school. In all my 5 years at that school i never once came straight home and did my homework kids tv was far more interested. Bless him.

Alos i found it really funny that some of the teachers would go into depth about the course and say things like emma needs to concentrate on her source anaylsis of blah blah blah and even though my dad didn't have a clue he would sit there and nod. Ih the memories!!!
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by guess_who)
it doesnt really exist anywhere else. MY MUM SAID SO.
No racism does'nt exist anywhere else in the world! :rolleyes:
Definately not here in america! I guess ppl are just trying to be nice when they say " go back to the reservation" or when my cousin can't get a job over someone who is obviously less qualified ,it is really for his own good right? Nah, can't say I've ever seen any form of racism here in america so you must be right. :rolleyes:
guess_who
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
No racism does'nt exist anywhere else in the world! :rolleyes:
Definately not here in america! I guess ppl are just trying to be nice when they say " go back to the reservation" or when my cousin can't get a job over someone who is obviously less qualified ,it is really for his own good right? Nah, can't say I've ever seen any form of racism here in america so you must be right. :rolleyes:
if you actually read my posts you would see that i meant abrring uk and america, the dualed alliance sort of thing.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by guess_who)
if you actually read my posts you would see that i meant abrring uk and america, the dualed alliance sort of thing.
Regardless it is ridiculous to say these are the only two areas in wich racism exists. Can you not see that? Unfortunatley racism is everywhere in the world in one form or another. You on the hand seem to play the racism card for everything it is worth, like you want ppl to take pity on you because your skin is a different color. What ever happened to being proud of your heritage, your blood, your skin color, they are and always will be apart of who you are, you cannot change that. Most of all you should be ashamed of yourself, embarrassed to be seen w/ your mother, the women who gave you life, because of her skin color. You dishonor her by saying that.
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by emom100)
no matter how well i was doing in school, parents evening always left me feeling like a ******. I also hated the fact that you had to wait in the big hall for ages and watch everyone else getting evil look from tehir paretns. I never turned up to aby of the lower school presentation evenings but we had to go to the 6th from ones (also i wanted to check that my parents wern't embarrassing me too much) In general my paretns were ok but i found i really funny when my dad would try to make me out into a model student like telling them that i came in and did my homework straight from school. In all my 5 years at that school i never once came straight home and did my homework kids tv was far more interested. Bless him.

Alos i found it really funny that some of the teachers would go into depth about the course and say things like emma needs to concentrate on her source anaylsis of blah blah blah and even though my dad didn't have a clue he would sit there and nod. Ih the memories!!!
Perhaps you underestimate your father when you say he didn't have a clue. Respect?
smirf
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
im to embaressed so i just dont tell him when it is then when he asks i say that there isnt one this year might be a feble excuse but he fell 4 it.

smurf :rolleyes:
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by smirf)
im to embaressed so i just dont tell him when it is then when he asks i say that there isnt one this year might be a feble excuse but he fell 4 it.

smurf :rolleyes:
If i said that to mine and he found out id lied there'd be hell to pay... :eek:
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
they havent embarrassed me at parents eve, but they did embarrass my brother once by taking the piss out of him in front of his english teacher, all the way through the interview.
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
ive got parents evening nxt thurs..being 18 and in U6 we're actually treated as adults so we dont have to bring parents.
but ive been thinking, wud it be wise to take them anyway? or shud i be responsible for my self and show up alone?
crazy_cutie44
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
ive got parents evening nxt thurs..being 18 and in U6 we're actually treated as adults so we dont have to bring parents.
but ive been thinking, wud it be wise to take them anyway? or shud i be responsible for my self and show up alone?
we dont have 2 take r rents to parents evening either-i dont actually c the point in this as it is called "parents" evening! i mean i see my teachers like everyday?!!?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (225)
51.37%
No (213)
48.63%

Watched Threads