The Student Room Group

Higher Maths 2002 Winter Diet?

Sorry for the disturbance but does anyone know where I can find a copy of the 2002 winter diet paper for Higher Maths. I have done every other paper from 2000 onward including the 3 SQP's and this is the only paper I have'nt done. I don't want to go into school next week as I have a bad cold and don't want to get worse before the maths exam.

So does anyknow have a copy or know where I can get a copy of the 2002 higher maths winter diet papers?

Thanks for your time.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think I've got that somewhere... I'll have a look for it and scan it in if you want? (although I don't know how legal that is. lol)
Reply 2
is the 2000,01,02 papers online anywhere?

also are the three sqps you've done 07 sqp, 08 sqp and i assume there is another on the sqa website?
Reply 3
Here you go. I didn't bother scanning the formulae sheet and the quality isn't fantastic - sorry!
Reply 4
Thanks for those papers and there is actually 4 sqp's. The two you mentioned and there is two for the 2000 paper as that was the year non calculator. Also I got the earlier papers off my maths teacher, I just couldn't get this one as I couldn't go into school as I'm recovering from being not well.
Reply 5
What does winter diet mean? Is that like a prelim?
Apparnetly, one year the Sqa decided to introduce exams to be sat in the Winter. I think these were intended for candidates resitting in S6 maybe, so they didn't have to spend another year doing the entire course? The idea didn't catch on though, so they stopped it.

Not sure exactly how true all that is, but its more or less what oone of our teachers told us.
Reply 7
thats correct. i think only about 100~ or so took it up. i think they may be planning on trying it again soon.

anyone got answers or a link to solutions for this paper?
Reply 8
Dado Prso
thats correct. i think only about 100~ or so took it up. i think they may be planning on trying it again soon.

anyone got answers or a link to solutions for this paper?

That isn't a bad idea at all to be honest, at least SQA will be more flexible like English exam boards. Just appeals doesn't cut it :/ We need more stuff like this.
Reply 9
I heard that the SQA are thinking of running 1 and a half year courses aswell as the two year Highers, which were introduced recently. This would mean sitting the exam in winter.

Looks like a good idea.
Reply 10
2 year highers and 1 and a half year highers both seem crap ideas to me. not challenging enough assuming they don't plan on upping the difficulty or expecting people to take on more highers.

the only thing that needs changed is that shambles that is the appeals system.
Reply 11
CallumFR
Here you go. I didn't bother scanning the formulae sheet and the quality isn't fantastic - sorry!

Thanks, that's really helpful as I've done all the papers from 05 up to 08 including all the sqp's. Any chance of someone uploading some papers from 2002-2004?

cheers.
jlee
Thanks, that's really helpful as I've done all the papers from 05 up to 08 including all the sqp's. Any chance of someone uploading some papers from 2002-2004?

cheers.

Ive got 2003 and onwards but my scanner isn't working unfortunately but I've got our school's internal unit 3 prelim if you want to have a go at it?

Let me know and I'll upload it.
Reply 13
ill attempt to stick 03 and 04 up later this evening if noones done it before then. not used my scanner in ages so have no idea if it will work.

no one got any pre 02 winter?
Reply 14
Dado Prso

I've got the Revised Specimen Paper, Additional Specimen Paper, 2000 and 2001 and 2002 (non-winter). It's just a matter of finding the time to scan them in...

I'll try get them up once I get some more french revision done :smile:
Reply 15
Dado Prso
ill attempt to stick 03 and 04 up later this evening if noones done it before then. not used my scanner in ages so have no idea if it will work.

I don't have a scanner but I could take pictures of earlier papers e.g. 2000-2004 and stick them up here but I don't know how well the quality will turn out.

What do you mean by pre 02 winter?
Reply 16
past papers from before the 2002 winter diet.
I've attached my school's Unit 3 2004-2005 Prelim. It's got some nice questions so yeah if you lack resources/materials then have a go at this.
Reply 19
and some more...

Didn't scan in 2002 as the whole thing was taking a lot of time. The optimisation question (Q10) is available at this thread though: Highers Maths Exam Thread

Quick Reply

Latest