The Student Room Group

URGENT!Further Mathematics!

Dear friends,

I have studied CIE Further Mathematics for the last 3 months.I'm writing in 2 weeks!I haven't been able 2 solve the following Mechanics Paper 2 questions.Everyone solves past papers to prepare so I'm hopeful.I can pay up to £20(my 3 month's allowance) for DETAILED SOLUTIONS!I can help with Statistics or Pure questions.
M J 02;Q3&5 O N 02;Q3&4 M J 03;Q4 O N 03;Q3,4&5 M J 04;Q4&5 O N 04;Q3 M J 05;Q2&4 O N 05;Q1,3&5 M J 06;Q5 O N 06;Q3&4 M J 07;Q3&4 O N 07;Q3

Thanks!Your help can separate an A from a C!
Reply 1
Do you think Xinolisss can assist me?
Reply 2
You know, it'd be a lot simpler if you could post the questions on the thread one by one as I'm willing to help out (for free) but finding all those past papers is too much work, especially now that my exams have started.
Reply 3
Just use the mark schemes or post each question up so we can help you work through it, no need for bribes.
Reply 4
There are no mark schemes available for CIE Further Mathematics. Sorry I'm unable to help as I haven't learnt Further Mechanics yet.
Reply 5
Guys,come on!There are no mark schemes for Further Maths!As you can see there are to many questions,and anyways I'm using a Nokia for internet,so imagine trying to put a question up!I only offered money because I realise it's hard work,no disrespect intended!As you can see,I had to study the two years course on my own mostly in 3 months,so please please help.Even if each of you answer 4 questions,it will be amazing!
Reply 6
I don't do cambridge, so I don't exactly know which papers these questions are from. Is this 9709 mathematics paper 5 (M2) or is this 9231 mathematics-further paper 2?
Reply 7
It is 9231 paper 02!
Reply 8
hello hrishispice...
i am a student myself and i'll try all the questions u asked...
i'll paste all solutions as i get them,, if i get them...

the solution for M J 02; Q3:

> the first part was wasy...

as we are given the diagonal of the square lamina... we use pythagora's theorum to find the length of one side...

let the side be "a"
a^2 + a^2 = r^2
we solve to get a = r/(sq. root 2)

we insert values in the formula for the rectangular lamina
M of I = 1/3 M a^2 + 1/3 M b^2
= 1/3 (m) (r/2(sq.root 2))^2 + 1/3 (m) (r/2(sq.root 2))^2
= and we get the required result...

>for the second part

we know that area density = mass/area
as the densities are equal...
p = p
let x be the mass of the circula disc
m/(r/(sq.root 2))^2 = x/(pi)(r^2)
2m/(r^2) = x/(pi)(r^2)
2m = x/(pi)
2m(pi) = x

M = x + m
M = 2(pi)m + m
M = m( 1+ 2(pi))

Total M of I = 1/2(x)(r^2) + 1/12(m)(r^2)
= 1/2 (2(pi)m)(r^2) + 1/12(m)(r^2)
= 1/12(m)(r^2)[12(pi) + 1]

m = M/(1 + 2(pi)).. substitute in eqn..
= 1/12(M)(r^2) [(1+12(pi))/(1+2(pi))]

which is the required result....
Reply 9
the last part is tricky and i have not yet been able to solve it...
i will post a reply if i am able to get the answer...

u might want to try out the examiners reports for the past papers... u'll be able to get them online... try blackpapers.info.. It's a good site which contains all the past papers and the examiner reports for all subjects.. including FM

Latest

Trending

Trending