The Student Room Group
Reply 1
ankur1986
political correctness is something that really irritates me

I found out 2day that it is politically uncorrect to say brainstorms as it may offend people who have epileptic fits i think that's the case anyway.

To be honest I couldn't care less and I think it's all a load of rubbish.

What r ur views on this?

Have you ever imagined an epileptic pidgeon in a thunderstorm? It's funny at first.. then you realise how upsetting it really is..... :frown:
Reply 2
Banning bad language on a student forum is PC gone mad.
Reply 3
ankur1986
political correctness is something that really irritates me

I found out 2day that it is politically incorrect to say brainstorms as it may offend people who have epileptic fits i think that's the case anyway.

To be honest I couldn't care less and I think it's all a load of rubbish.

What r ur views on this?
It's a terrible issue - it really concerns me.

What, with hundreds of millions of people starving in the world, I often think how much I really care about the intricacies of the language people use.

It's terrible. Oppression. Awful.

Whatever. :rolleyes:
Reply 4
llama boy
It's a terrible issue - it really concerns me.

What, with hundreds of millions of people starving in the world, I often think how much I really care about the intricacies of the language people use.

It's terrible. Oppression. Awful.

Whatever. :rolleyes:

This is not a comment on political correctness, however your argument is totally absurd. I don't even see the link that you are making between the millions of people starving and the use of language. One could also say therefore that we ought not to use a computer, read Shakespeare, eat rice pudding or dance the Salsa as millions of people are starving...
Reply 5
Ralfskini
Have you ever imagined an epileptic pidgeon in a thunderstorm? It's funny at first.. then you realise how upsetting it really is..... :frown:

That is the most daftest thing I have ever heard. Maybe not.
Reply 6
J.S.
This is not a comment on political correctness, however your argument is totally absurd. I don't even see the link that you are making between the millions of people starving and the use of language.
There isn't one, of course.
One could also say therefore that we ought not to use a computer, read Shakespeare, eat rice pudding or dance the Salsa as millions of people are starving...
Probably, yes.

I guess it is just the ordering of people's political priorities that gets on my nerves. i.e. those other things aren't in the realm of political discussion.

accept that argument is not fully rational though, so i'm going to shut up.

Latest

Trending

Trending